FTP FileZilla

Ophelia Quarry

Nov 30, 2023, 9:07:59 PM11/30/23
To generate a new self-signed certificate, click on the Generate new button. A new dialog will ask you to enter the Distinguished Name and the applicable hostnames for the new certificate. Both the fields can be left empty. If left empty the Distinguished Name will be populated with CN=filezilla-server self signed certificate.

hi my WP site is giving a disc full error i have found theses files in ssh that are backups my i have moved into filezilla to try and delete them and am not able to find ?home/backup i have also found files from 2014 in /wp-content/backupwordpress-f6e5c6f448-backups and some more back up files in /wp-content/backup-db how do i know which ones to delete or can i delete them all the site is set to auto back up

FTP FileZilla
Download https://byltly.com/2wHbKu

This guide explains how to set up an FTP account in the FileZilla FTP client. We assume that you have installed FileZilla on your PC, and that you have not yet set up any accounts. FileZilla is a free FTP client that can be downloaded here, if you have not installed it already.

Step 1:
Select "File->Server setup" from the menu bar. You can also use the CTRL+S shortcut.

Step 2:
A new configuration window will now appear, where you can add a new FTP account.

Click on the "New server" button to create a new FTP account in FileZilla.
Enter the name of the new FTP account. In this guide, we typed in "Nettsted1".
Enter the server address where the FTP account you wish to connect to is located. You should have received this information when ordering your web hosting solution with us. On our servers, this address will be "ftp.dittdomene.net", where "dittdomene.net" must be exchanged for your domain. If your domain is not yet registered/transferred to us, you can use a temporary address cpanelX.proisp.no, where the X is the number of the server on which your FTP account is located.
Enter port number 21 for "Port".
Select "FTP - File Transfer Protocol" for "Protocol".
Select "Use explicit FTP via TLS if available," for "Encryption".
Select "Normal" for "Login type".
Enter the user name. You should have received this information when ordering your web hosting solution with us.
Enter the password. You should have received this information when ordering your web hosting solution with us.
Click on the "OK" button to save the settings in FileZilla.

Step 3:
FileZilla has now been set up to connect to your FTP account.

Click "Open server setup". You will get a list of all of the FTP accounts you have set up in FileZilla.
Click "Nettsted1". If you gave your web site another name, of course you should click on the name you specified.
FileZilla will immediately try to connect to your FTP account. In field 3, you will see the information returned from our server when FileZilla communicates with the server. If everything went the way it should, it will look more or less as shown in field 3.
Field 4 shows your local folders and files on your PC. Here, you can select files you wish to upload to your FTP accounts.
Field 5 shows your folders and files that are stored in your FTP account on our server.

Step 4:
At the first connection, a window will appear saying "unknown certificate". The reason for this is that the shared server certificate is being used, and this must always be accepted the first time.

Tick to allow the certificate in all future sessions.
Press OK to save and proceed with the connection.

Done
We have now covered the steps required to set up an FTP account in the FileZilla FTP client and seen how to connect to the FTP account.

","dateCreated":"2014-03-10 23:03:29","author":" type":"Person","name":"PRO ISP AS","url":"https://www.proisp.eu/guides/setup-ftp-account-filezilla/","upvoteCount":1}}]} EXPERIENCING PROBLEMS WITH OUR SERVICES? RUN A DIAGNOSE FIRST TO SAVE YOURS AND OUR TIMEAdded: 10.03.2014 23:26:29 Last updated: 06.08.2019 13:05:00
eebf2c3492