deleted endnotes won't renumber

Sara Chan

Aug 12, 2003, 12:09:26 PM8/12/03
Hello,

My document has endnotes; some of which I tried to delete during the editing
process.
However, when I deleted the note reference number in the text, the endnote
text in endnote panel did not disappear. When I tried to delete the endnote
text manually, the numbers did not automatically renumber themselves--
the result?
I have endnotes that skip the numbers I tried to delete. In the endnote
panel, there are blank lines where the numbers I deleted used to be that I
can't get rid of. However, I can't seem to get rid of the reference markers
in the actual document either. I know they're still there since when I pass
my cursor over where the reference number used to be, the rollover "note"
image shows up.
Does anyone know how to fix this? I am willing to even delete all the
endnotes altogether and start over but I can't even seem to do that!

Help???!!!

Thanks,
Sara

Alan

Aug 12, 2003, 6:04:42 PM8/12/03
Hi Sara:

This (or footnotes not renumbering) can be a symptom of
using Track Changes. Not really a symptom -- it's a bug.
If so, start by Accepting all Changes, and turning off
Track Changes, and see if that helps.

>.

Peg Goldstein

Aug 19, 2003, 7:19:48 PM8/19/03
I am having the same problem. Did anyone answer your
earlier question? It seems like I'm finding a lot of
questions but no answers on this site.

>.

chris timbrell

Sep 4, 2003, 10:24:56 AM9/4/03
Thanks Alan. I had the problem with footnotes. Accepting
all changes, although not ideal at the time, fixed the
problem.
Chris

Sheryl Lynn Postman

Sep 9, 2003, 11:08:22 PM9/9/03
Did I miss the answer here? I'm having the same problem with renumbering.
Although I have a message posted on another site (before finding this one),
I just found your question...but, alas, not the response.

Please let me know what it is. I went to the web site link mentioned in
another response, and the page has since been removed.

I have Word 2000 with Windows 98 SE.

Thanks,
Sheryl

"chris timbrell" <ch...@zentech.co.uk> wrote in message