Variant forms for multilevel lists

jer...@brest.org

Feb 18, 2016, 6:51:46 AM2/18/16
I want to create a multilevel list that has variant forms at different levels. For example:

1. Here is a level one item.

1.1. Here is a level two item that is a paragraph. It should be formatted as a normal second-level item in a legal list.

1.2 Here is another level two item that is a paragraph. It, too, should be formatted as a normal second-level item in a legal list.

2. Here is a level one items with a few sub-points:

a) they should each be level two items;
b) but should be formatted differently;
c) from the paragraph-long level two items.

For various reasons, I don't want to try to use non-multi-level lists for the variant forms--I need to have them with legal styles sometimes.

I have a clumsy way of doing this by demoting level 3 to level 4 and having the variant form of level 2 actually be level 3, but it's not durable because it makes adding different forms prohibitively time consuming.

Any brilliant ideas out there?

Stefan Blom

Mar 2, 2016, 10:04:52 AM3/2/16
There is no way to set up "alternative numbering levels" the way you are
describing them.

Assuming that these different sub-points are relatively few, perhaps you
could just type them in?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP