Converting Stars to Bulleted Text

Amitai Cohn

Jul 26, 2015, 10:01:37 AM7/26/15
Hi

I have a csv file which one of its column includes multi-line text, one text phrase and few lines list, each one is starting with star (*).
This content has to be converted to reach HTML text.

For example:
-----------------
Four score and seven years ago our fathers brought forth on this continent a new nation, conceived in liberty, and dedicated to the proposition that all men are created equal.

* Line number one
* Line number two
* Line number three
------------------ To be converted to:
<ul>
<li>Line number one</li>
<li>Line number two</li>
<li>Line number three</li>
</ul>
------------------

How do I do it?

Many thanks,
Amitai

Stefan Blom

Aug 4, 2015, 8:16:37 AM8/4/15
You could try AutoFormat in Word. If you are using a recent version, add the
AutoFormat command to your Quick Access Toolbar and then click the button.
When you are done, you can save in HTML format (but note that Word isn't the
best application for creating HTML files).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Amitai Cohn" <ami...@musicases.com> wrote in message