Re: Cannot get rid of email toolbar

Peter Jamieson

Oct 19, 2009, 2:26:17 PM10/19/09

I don't know the answer, but...
a. can we assume that the 'toolbar" is not actually a graphic at the
top of the Word document? i.e. that you might be able to delete after
selecting it? (it doesn't look like it, but it was just a thought...)
b. rather than try to get to the bottom of this one unusual situation,
how about copying all the content of the document into a new document,
ensuring that you haven't lost anything, and forgetting about the one
where you can't get rid of the Outlook toolbar?

Peter Jamieson

http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk
Visit Londinium at http://www.ralphwatson.tv

On 19/10/2009 19:06, Jim wrote:
> This is for MS Office 2003, SP3 using Word on Vista.
>
> I have one and only one document that when I open it up, it places the
> Outllook like toolbar above the document as if I was in MS Outllook
> writing an email. This Outllook toolbar cannnot be closed like other
> toolbars. See attached picture.
>
> Can anyone explain how I can make my document a normal Word document???
> I tried Save as but that doesn't work.
>
> thanks
> jim

Matthew

Oct 19, 2009, 2:51:35 PM10/19/09
Jim wrote:
> This is for MS Office 2003, SP3 using Word on Vista.
>
> I have one and only one document that when I open it up, it places the
> Outllook like toolbar above the document as if I was in MS Outllook
> writing an email. This Outllook toolbar cannnot be closed like other
> toolbars. See attached picture.
>
> Can anyone explain how I can make my document a normal Word document???
> I tried Save as but that doesn't work.
>
> thanks
> jim

Unclick the mail button on the standard toolbar

or

File > Send to > Untick mail recipient

--
Matthew Feuer

Jim

Oct 19, 2009, 2:55:30 PM10/19/09
You are correct that it is not actually not a graphic. In fact if I try to
insert a page break it gives me an error message that I don't have at least
one "To" inserted.

I took your suggestion and just copied and pasted into a new word document
and all is well.

I used to pride myself that I thought I could solve just about every
squirrely word "feature" but this one has me stumped.

thanks

"Peter Jamieson" <p...@KillMAPSpjjnet.demon.co.uk> wrote in message

Adriano Sebastião

Oct 24, 2009, 7:11:27 AM10/24/09

Yes,you not
"Jim" <eda...@yahoo.com> escreveu na mensagem

Graham Mayor

Jan 28, 2010, 1:48:27 AM1/28/10
Click File > Send To > Mail Recipient to close the e-mail toolbar. It is a
toggled setting.

--
Graham Mayor - Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com