Printing an address on a Cert Mail Receipt

1 view

DeeDeeCee

Dec 31, 2009, 1:42:01 PM12/31/09
I want to print addresses onto those green Certified Mail return-signature
cards that you use at the Post Office. I'm currently using Word 2007 and
Windows Vista. For the life of me, I can't get the address to print in the
right spot on the card. I make a document with the dimensions 3.5 x 7, I set
it to "landscape", I make the left margin at "1", with the top margin at 1.5.
When I hit print, it warns me "the margins of section one are outside the
printable area of the page". I elect to continue, and the card prints. The
address is in the right position vertically (i.e., from the top). But
Horizontally, it's in the middle fo the card rather than an inch from the
left.

This is maddening, because I know I'd figured out a way to do it sometime in
the past, but can't remember. And despite the error message, the size of the
card is similar to a "Post Card", which Word can print on, so it ought to
work on these cert mail receipts. Any advice would be cherished. Thanks.

ddc

Graham Mayor

Jan 1, 2010, 1:25:42 AM1/1/10
Word relies on the printer driver to format page layouts and will only set
what the driver will allow, so a simple alternative is to use a standard
paper size (A4/US Letter) in page setup and use the margins to locate the
printable area on the page to match the position of the card as it passes
through the printer.

--
Graham Mayor - Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com