Word 2007 crashes when accessing address book

John

Dec 30, 2009, 11:29:01 AM12/30/09
I've reinstalled Office 2007 several times. I have even done a complete clean
reinstall of my Windows 7 Home Premium and all that goes along with that. If
Outlook is open all is fine, if not word will crash as soon as I click on a
name to fill in an envelope or a label. As others have had this issue I
still haven't found anyone with the solution. I have done all the usual like
turning off all add-ins. Outlook IS the default mail handler, I've done the
whole -- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Word\Data and
Rename the "Data" Key to "DataBackup".-- Nothing has helped so far. Has
anyone found a real solution yet or will I always have to have Outlook open
to address my envelopes?

Graham Mayor

Dec 31, 2009, 2:15:01 AM12/31/09
It seems to be a common problem. It is no big deal to leave Outlook open all
the time - particularly if you use it for communication.

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
Graham Mayor - Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" <d...@REMOVECAPSmvps.org> wrote in message
>I can reproduce this problem. However if I have another document open when
>I try and use the insert address, while Word does crash, it does restart
>because of the other document and then I can use the insert address.
>
> However, I normally ALWAYS have Outlook running so it was only as a result
> of specifically shutting it down and trying it that I can confirm this.
>
> --
> Hope this helps.

> services on a paid consulting basis.

- Denver@discussions.microsoft.com Frank - Denver

Apr 4, 2010, 2:40:01 PM4/4/10
The easiest thing to do is just open Outlook first and minimize in task bar.
Then open Word. No crash. That's seems to be the easiest solution until
Microsoft gets moving on a fix.