Word/Excel Files Become Read only on Network Drives

Pedro

Feb 24, 2008, 11:40:01 PM2/24/08
We are getting users across the organisation that will be editing
their documents just fine and then go to save and the doc or
spreadsheet comes up as read only and they have to save the file
somewhere else and move it back to overwrite the original. This is
happening in Office 2003 and we also still have some users with Office
XP and it also happens for them.

I found a reference that mentioned an issue with opportunistic locking
so I tried turning that off on a test machine and it didn't help. Any
other ideas?

Regards,
Peter

DianeVan

Mar 1, 2008, 5:27:10 PM3/1/08
It happens at my office when someone else opens the document while or before
I do. So we shout around - is +++ document open?. Or we just save it as
+++2.doc. A nuisance. I don't know if this is your problem.

"Pedro" <mad...@gmail.com> wrote in message