office 2000 startup question

ken

Feb 26, 2008, 7:24:52 PM2/26/08
i have Office 2000 Professional on WinXP installed and every time i
start Word, or Excel but more often Word, i have to wait while my system
downloads some big chunk of data. (about 17MB worth according to my
network traffic). i assume this is some font data or something that i
don't have as standard on in my Office or Windows installation.

any ideas what it is doing? and if this is something i can just have it
download and/or install once so i don't have to wait every time?

or is it just because i have such an old version of Office?

appreciate any advice/help!
thanks,
ken