File added to Word 2000 Doc

H Reed

May 5, 2003, 4:50:30 PM5/5/03
A file is added to all my Word documents. The file is a
list of words at the end of the document that discribe the
selections for the document etc. I can deleat them, but
when I open the Word document again, there they are. How
can I stop this? This is the list of some of the
words:Normal
Default Paragraph Font
Harold E. Reed)C:\My Documents\Temp\My File Name.docy
(Please note at the end of the .docy there are two dots
above the y and two squares and a cent sign after
the .docy)
Normal
Microsoft Word 9.0
Root Entry
1 Table
WordDocument
SummaryInformation
DocumentSummaryInformation
CompObj
ObjectPool
MSWordDoc
Word.Document.8

Suzanne S. Barnhill

May 5, 2003, 6:28:30 PM5/5/03
In the File Open dialog, change the "Files of type" setting from "Recover
Text from Any File" to "All Word Documents."

Unfortunately, if you have saved the text format, then you'll have lost all
your formatting and will have to recreate it (although you should have
gotten a warning when you tried to save that saving as a Word document would
have this effect).

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)