Change Font for Whole doc including Header/Footer

Evelyn Cramer

Apr 8, 2003, 11:42:23 AM4/8/03
I want to be able to change the Font for just the whole
current document, including the headers, footers and
footnotes without having to change the Default Font. I
could accomplish this action very easily in one-step in
WordPerfect, but I am unable to find a quick method using
Word 2000.

danielle O'Donnell

Apr 9, 2003, 6:35:28 PM4/9/03
>.

Cindy Meister -WordMVP-

Apr 10, 2003, 9:45:15 AM4/10/03
Hi Evelyn,

Well, in Word you go to Format/Styles. Choose the "Normal"
style, click "Modify", then "Format", then "Font". Change
that setting.

As long as you haven't applied any font formatting directly
to text, and haven't created any new styles that don't base
on "normal", this should work.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindymeister (last update Jan
24 2003)
http://www.mvps.org/word

This reply is posted in the Newsgroup; please post any
follow question or reply in the newsgroup and not by e-mail
:-)

Michelle Loschert

Apr 18, 2003, 11:10:24 AM4/18/03
I have a follow up question about this issue. A few
things are not modified when you change the font this way:
footnote reference mark and hyperlink text. Both these
styles are character styles and based on the default
paragraph style instead of the normal atyle. Is there are
way to change this in one step as well?

>.

RMF

Apr 18, 2003, 12:39:12 PM4/18/03
Hi Michelle,

Michelle Loschert wrote:

> I have a follow up question about this issue. A few
> things are not modified when you change the font this way:
> footnote reference mark and hyperlink text. Both these
> styles are character styles and based on the default
> paragraph style instead of the normal atyle. Is there are
> way to change this in one step as well?

they should not need to change. If you haven't changed those two styles
yourself, they will but apply blue (Hyperlink) or superscript
(FootnoteReference), but not the font, they just take what's there in
the underlying style.

2cents
.bob
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign
\ /

Cindy Meister -WordMVP-

Apr 19, 2003, 4:17:49 AM4/19/03
Hi Michelle,

I agree with Bob (RMF).

> A few
> things are not modified when you change the font this way:
> footnote reference mark and hyperlink text. Both these
> styles are character styles and based on the default
> paragraph style instead of the normal atyle. Is there are
> way to change this in one step as well?

Cindy Meister

Charles Kenyon

Apr 21, 2003, 11:43:34 AM4/21/03
Page numbers that are applied using either Insert=> Page Number... or using
AutoText in a Header/Footer also has a separate font applied in the Page
Number character style which is based on the default font. The only way I
know to avoid this is to insert page numbers directly as fields (or create
AutoText entries with unformatted fields).
--
Charles Kenyon

Word New User FAQ & Web Directory:

Microsoft's Legal Users' Guide)

See also the MVP FAQ: <URL: http://www.mvps.org/word/> which is awesome!
from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Michelle Loschert" <mlos...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

jimmy...@outlook.com

Apr 16, 2020, 1:12:45 AM4/16/20
Thanks all you guys, now I can change my Page numbers' font!