line style format is greyed out

Erick

May 15, 2009, 6:11:01 PM5/15/09
I have created a line and when I want to change the line style in format, the
option is greyed out. Is this not an option in Word 2007 that 2003 did have?

Suzanne S. Barnhill

May 15, 2009, 11:56:19 PM5/15/09
Is the line selected?

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"Erick" <Er...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Erick

May 18, 2009, 3:19:01 AM5/18/09
Ofcourse. I have used this in the past with Office 2003 with no problems.
Unfortunatelly my school requires me to use only 2007. This version of Office
is driving me crazy.

Suzanne S. Barnhill

May 18, 2009, 9:27:18 AM5/18/09
Okay, you've drawn a line using Insert | Illustrations | Shapes | Lines,
right? When you select the line, you should get the Drawing Tools | Format
contextual tab. Are you saying that the Shape Styles | Shape Outline
commands (Weight, Dashes, Arrows) are not available?

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)
Words into Type
Fairhope, Alabama USA
http://word.mvps.org

"Erick" <Er...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Erick

May 18, 2009, 1:48:32 PM5/18/09
What I am saying is that Color, Dashed, Weight, and Style is there but Style
is greyed out. This used to be available in Word 2003. I want to change line
to doble line like I used to. Any ideas why?

Thanks,

Erick

Suzanne S. Barnhill

May 18, 2009, 3:44:41 PM5/18/09
The control labeled Line Style appears to be replaced by the one called
Weight, and you are right that it has only weights. Moreover, if you click
on More Lines... to bring up the Format AutoShape dialog, I see what you
mean about Style being unavailable. Oddly, this is true only for lines: the
control is available for outlines of other shapes, including arcs. It is
possible to draw an "arc" that is pretty much straight, but that's not a
very helpful workaround.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)
Words into Type
Fairhope, Alabama USA
http://word.mvps.org

"Erick" <Er...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Erick

May 18, 2009, 6:36:01 PM5/18/09
Is there a way to complain or suggest to MS to add this feature?

Suzanne S. Barnhill

May 18, 2009, 7:12:49 PM5/18/09
I'll escalate the issue and see what I can find out.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)
Words into Type
Fairhope, Alabama USA
http://word.mvps.org

"Erick" <Er...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Roohollah Jafari

Apr 28, 2023, 10:19:14 AM4/28/23
This is 2023 and the issue is still unresolved. Thanks for your complain Suzanne though!

Grant Price

Nov 29, 2023, 4:32:49 AM11/29/23
Hi, I don't know why the Shape Outline option is grey out - but there is a way to change the weight of lines in a table at least.
Select the table (or the part of the table where you want to change the line weight) then select Table Design - you should see the Borders option & also a line weight option. Select the line weight you want, then select the Borders option & apply the Border you want - it should appear in the line weight you selected.
I hope at least that might help some others wrestling with the same issue.