how can I keep my header from greying out

Tracey

Mar 14, 2010, 12:13:01 PM3/14/10
I do not want my header to 'grey' when I am finished editing it. Is there a
way to do this?

Thanks

Stefan Blom

Mar 14, 2010, 1:33:44 PM3/14/10
No.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Tracey" <Tra...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

JoAnn Paules

Mar 14, 2010, 3:16:20 PM3/14/10
It only appears greyed out on the computer, not when printed.

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

Graham Mayor

Mar 15, 2010, 2:21:05 AM3/15/10
Switch to print preview?

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
Graham Mayor - Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

abby1...@gmail.com

Jan 19, 2014, 12:02:35 PM1/19/14
I need help with this too... I did it once and it wasn't grey, it was black. Hmmm. I don't need to print this paper out, I just need to email it.

Peter T. Daniels

Jan 19, 2014, 1:13:03 PM1/19/14
On Sunday, January 19, 2014 12:02:35 PM UTC-5, abby1...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Sunday, March 14, 2010 12:13:01 PM UTC-4, Tracey wrote:
>
> > I do not want my header to 'grey' when I am finished editing it. Is there a
> > way to do this?
>
> I need help with this too... I did it once and it wasn't grey, it was black. Hmmm. I don't need to print this paper out, I just need to email it.

Whichever part you're working on, the body of the text or the heading, is
black, the other is gray. It would be better to print a pdf and mail that
to you recipient; if you're sending the Word file so that they can work on
it, they will be familiar with the gray/black distinction.

apgra...@gmail.com

Aug 29, 2017, 1:49:32 PM8/29/17
https://www.howtogeek.com/240018/how-to-enable-and-disable-field-shading-in-word/

disable the field shading :) sorry it's 7 years too late but might help someone else in the future.

s.mason....@gmail.com

Nov 6, 2017, 12:31:34 PM11/6/17
Thanks!
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

mathsac...@gmail.com

Jun 1, 2020, 2:26:40 AM6/1/20
Sorry...it didn't work for me

Mallory S

Nov 22, 2020, 11:10:51 PM11/22/20
On Tuesday, August 29, 2017 at 12:49:32 PM UTC-5, apgra...@gmail.com wrote:
It's still not working- this is also 3 years too late :(

Damian B

Mar 12, 2021, 6:45:09 AM3/12/21
Classic internet here from someone whose job title/stature is bigger than the response... "no'.

Just came here to find an answer and no I see other's helpfully responding, not just DISMISSING.

Eric Flamm

Dec 9, 2021, 6:54:01 PM12/9/21
I think if you just switch to 'Viewing" mode from Editing mode, the presentation is pretty close to print quality. There's a dropdown in the right corner of the ribbon which lets you switch modes.

Jazz Christie

Dec 10, 2022, 3:40:45 AM12/10/22
It did help someone in the future! Thank you :D