how do I type a vertical fraction?

Judy_Joned

Apr 27, 2010, 12:33:01 PM4/27/10
I want to just use Word and need to know how to type a fraction vertically -
not use the slash. How to I get the fraction to look like one printed in a
math book - with the division bar going horizontally and the other operation
signs being in proper proportion?

Peter T. Daniels

Apr 27, 2010, 1:20:45 PM4/27/10
You can use the Equation Editor, which you access via Insert -- but it
works very differently in different versions of Word, so if that's not
enough to get you started, you'll need to come back with more info for
further help.

On Apr 27, 12:33 pm, Judy_Joned <Judy_Jo...@discussions.microsoft.com>

Suzanne S. Barnhill

Apr 27, 2010, 1:39:53 PM4/27/10
Use the EQ \f field. See the relevant portion of
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/CreateFraction.htm.

You may need to change the font size of the field to get the desired
fraction size.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"Judy_Joned" <Judy_...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

marysully

Apr 27, 2010, 1:41:02 PM4/27/10
Go to Tools->AutoCorrect Options->AutoFormat, under Replace, check box to
change fraction from 1 / 2 to ½.

marysully

Apr 27, 2010, 1:57:01 PM4/27/10
Please ignore my previous post. You have to use the Equation Editor. Go to
Insert, Object, Microsoft Equation, click on Fractions and Radical templates
on the toolbar to create the vertical fraction.

Patrick Wright

Apr 20, 2011, 5:09:13 PM4/20/11
Do this exactly:

Press: ctrl+F9