Is it true? No images allowed in this group?

Squeakers Three

Apr 22, 2022, 4:56:00 AM4/22/22
This is excellent. That whole thing about pictures being worth a thousand words does not apply to questions asked in this Google Groups

An example of what I mean is posted at this URL, showing how pictures clarifying and improving communication have no place here in Google Groups. The URL is: https://legacy-systems.biz/longview2500/public_links/public/programming/google_so_smart_today/

Imagine if images were allowed in this Google Group. It would make it possible to use the power of images, which does not fit with destroying civilization killing the maximum number of people possible. So there you have it, no pictures in Google groups.

Squeakers Three

Apr 22, 2022, 5:05:04 AM4/22/22
Just to explain the relevance of the OP, I joined this group to ask a question about MS Word, but asking the quesiton with images to show what I am asking about would have boosted communication too much, so images are not allowed. This is me thinking out loud as my brain orientates itself to the group.

Peter T. Daniels

Apr 22, 2022, 9:01:30 AM4/22/22
Nothing to do with "Google Groups." This group is left over from
something called "Usenet," which hosted things alled "newsgroups,"
from before there was such a thing as "pictures" in home computing.

Most people are able to ask their MSWord questions in words. If
a picture is absolutely necessary, they can post it to some service
and include a link in their message.

There was an archive of newsgroups, which for no good reason
Google purchased and made equivalent to "Google groups," which
were for emailing the subscribers, "discussion lists," which are
now pretty much obsolete.