Compile error in hidden module: AZWizardModul - how to get rid of

bainwoof

Nov 18, 2008, 3:58:24 PM11/18/08
After uninstalling AZ Wizard, the above mentioned error still appears - how
do I get rid of this message?

Suzanne S. Barnhill

Nov 18, 2008, 5:13:41 PM11/18/08
Look in Word's Startup folder for an AZWizard add-in and delete it.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"bainwoof" <bain...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

bainwoof

Nov 19, 2008, 1:11:03 PM11/19/08
Perfect - it's gone - Thank You!

Suzanne S. Barnhill

Nov 19, 2008, 5:37:13 PM11/19/08
You're welcome.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)
Words into Type
Fairhope, Alabama USA

"bainwoof" <bain...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Trashman

Jun 9, 2009, 1:16:01 AM6/9/09

Trashman

Jun 9, 2009, 1:18:01 AM6/9/09
How do I get to word startup folder

Terry Farrell

Jun 9, 2009, 4:00:55 AM6/9/09
Close Word and use Windows Explorer to navigate to the Word Startup folder.
The location of Word Startup is under the File Locations button in Word
Options.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"Trashman" <Tras...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

davidsum1

Nov 24, 2009, 9:03:02 PM11/24/09
Thanks for this tip. I LOVE YOU!!!

PS - I know all about gravity's sleep habits. I ride a motorcycle.
--
Gravity never sleeps.

Traesmom

Jan 14, 2010, 9:08:03 AM1/14/10
I just began having this problem. Can someone put this in layman's terms for
me. I'm not a computer idiot but I'm running Windows Vista and using Windows
Explorer, the only Startup folder I see is under "Office12"; there is no Word
folder. I would appreciate step by step directions if not too much trouble.
Thanks.

Jay Freedman

Jan 14, 2010, 9:46:17 AM1/14/10

The default location of the Word startup folder is a couple of levels below
a hidden folder (meaning that Windows' search refuses to show it to you),
and the actual location is different in Windows XP versus Vista or Windows
7. However, there's an easy way to get there.

Copy this line and paste it into the address box of Windows Explorer (the
file manager, not the web browser), then press Enter:

%appdata%\Microsoft\Word\Startup

It's possible to change the location Word uses for its startup folder by
using the Folder Locations button in Word's Options dialog, but it's not
very common and you'd probably know about it if you had done so.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Traesmom

Jan 15, 2010, 9:03:01 AM1/15/10
Jay,

Thanks for the info. Your hyperlink worked like a charm; however, Windows
Explorer states that folder is empty. It returned the string "AppData,
Roaming, Microsoft, Word, Startup" as the folder location. I assume I did
everything correctly but nonetheless, the folder is empty. Any more
suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much for such a
timely response!!

Lana

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

> .

Jay Freedman

Jan 15, 2010, 9:14:43 AM1/15/10
There is another possible location:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\STARTUP

Also, look in Control Panel > Programs to see if there's an Avery
Wizard package that can be uninstalled.

fullypa

Jan 18, 2010, 3:31:01 PM1/18/10

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

> .

in AZ@discussions.microsoft.com Mike in AZ

Jun 3, 2010, 10:01:06 AM6/3/10
Just wanted to let you know your info helped me get rid of error message.
Thank you very much!

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

> .

rp3horse...@yahoo.com

Sep 20, 2012, 9:20:39 PM9/20/12
On Thursday, January 14, 2010 6:46:17 AM UTC-8, Jay Freedman wrote:
> The default location of the Word startup folder is a couple of levels below a hidden folder (meaning that Windows' search refuses to show it to you), and the actual location is different in Windows XP versus Vista or Windows 7. However, there's an easy way to get there.Copy this line and paste it into the address box of Windows Explorer (the file manager, not the web browser), then press Enter:%appdata%\Microsoft\Word\StartupIt's possible to change the location Word uses for its startup folder by using the Folder Locations button in Word's Options dialog, but it's not very common and you'd probably know about it if you had done so.-- Regards,Jay FreedmanMicrosoft Word MVP FAQ: http://word.mvps.org Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup so all may benefit.Traesmom wrote: > I just began having this problem. Can someone put this in layman's > terms for me. I'm not a computer idiot but I'm running Windows Vista > and using Windows Explorer, the only Startup folder I see is under > "Office12"; there is no Word folder. I would appreciate step by step > directions if not too much trouble. Thanks.> > "Terry Farrell" wrote:> >> Close Word and use Windows Explorer to navigate to the Word Startup >> folder. The location of Word Startup is under the File Locations >> button in Word Options.>>>> -- >> Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP>> >> "Trashman" <Tras...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message >> news:300A9498-88BA-45E4...@microsoft.com... >>> How do I get to word startup folder>>> >>> "Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:>>> >>>> Look in Word's Startup folder for an AZWizard add-in and delete it. >>>>>>>> -- >>>> Suzanne S. Barnhill >>>> Microsoft MVP (Word)>>>> Words into Type >>>> Fairhope, Alabama USA>>>> >>>> "bainwoof" <bain...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message >>>> news:54560DC7-A98D-4419...@microsoft.com... >>>>> After uninstalling AZ Wizard, the above mentioned error still >>>>> appears - how >>>>> do I get rid of this message?

Jay,
Thank you for the info. I tried your hyperlink, and it immediately worked. It feels so good to test it out, and see NO STUPID MODUL box I have to click every single time. Thanks so much.

dianeh...@gmail.com

Jan 29, 2017, 3:57:08 PM1/29/17
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.

tera...@gmail.com

Jun 14, 2017, 4:26:18 PM6/14/17
On Tuesday, November 18, 2008 at 2:58:24 PM UTC-6, bainwoof wrote:
> After uninstalling AZ Wizard, the above mentioned error still appears - how
> do I get rid of this message?

Jay Freedman
Microsoft Word MVP Your link was the bomb!! Been putting up with the Wizard area for a couple of years. Thanks Jay!!

rfbil...@gmail.com

May 31, 2018, 12:22:50 PM5/31/18
This worked great! 5 minute fix

jbentl...@gmail.com

Aug 26, 2018, 8:45:43 AM8/26/18
Thank you too, Jay!!!!

jbentl...@gmail.com

Aug 26, 2018, 8:47:22 AM8/26/18
Thank you Suzanne!!!

kmflee...@gmail.com

Jan 4, 2020, 9:41:48 AM1/4/20
On Tuesday, November 18, 2008 at 1:58:24 PM UTC-7, bainwoof wrote:
> After uninstalling AZ Wizard, the above mentioned error still appears - how
> do I get rid of this message?

Thank you. This worked and I am no longer seeing the error message.