what is the error "PCL XL error Warning: Illegal Media Source" in.

TTHP

Sep 22, 2004, 12:41:02 PM9/22/04
On Word, I have our return address logo and a typed sender address set up to
print onto envelopes. All the margins and envelope size are correct, but
after the envelope prints, another sheet of paper prints with the message
"PCL XL error Warning: Illegal Media Source". How do I correct this.

TF

Sep 22, 2004, 2:32:32 PM9/22/04
PCL error is the printer driver (you have an HP LaserJet? If it is the PCL6
driver, try checking with HP for a newer driver: if you already have the
latest or the problem still recurs, revert to the older PCL5 driver.

--
Terry Farrell - Word MVP
http://word.mvps.org/

"TTHP" <TT...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
: On Word, I have our return address logo and a typed sender address set up

Suzanne S. Barnhill

Sep 22, 2004, 4:53:57 PM9/22/04
I would guess it means you are trying to draw envelopes from a tray that
contains a different size paper. If you're using a template rather than the
Envelopes and Labels dialog, check the Paper or Paper Source tab of Page
Setup to see what tray is selected.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

kit...@suddenlink.net

Mar 1, 2017, 1:18:41 PM3/1/17
is there some sort of work-around other than a different drive? I lose control of my printer whenever I try a different driver. KM