printer has not yet responded, but the microsoft office

Jenn...@gmail.com

Dec 14, 2007, 5:18:31 PM12/14/07
I have several users that are receiving this error when opening WORD.
"The printer has not yet responded, but the MS office program may be
able to proceed without printer information. Do you want to continue
to wait for the printer?" when opening Word.
If you click No, you can get Word open, but when you click File,
Print,
the printer name field is blank, but if you click the drop down, all
the installed printers are listed.

The desktops are running XP Pro SP2.

Jennifer

Terry Farrell

Dec 15, 2007, 5:21:31 AM12/15/07
Word must have an active printer driver so that it can communicate with the
printer driver to work correctly. You need to make sure that the default
Windows printer driver is installed locally.

--
Terry Farrell - MS Word MVP

<Jenn...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Jenn...@gmail.com

Dec 17, 2007, 11:10:16 AM12/17/07
Our users do have a default printer setup when they log in... we found
that if we recreate the profile, the problem goes away. however if
there is an easier way, please let me know if you have any other
suggestions.

Thanks,

Jennifer

Terry Farrell

Dec 18, 2007, 11:15:13 AM12/18/07
If it is a damaged profile, then creating a new profile is the best solution
(diagnosing profile problems is a labourious and unrewarding time killer).

But it may be that the Users' temp folders are full of abandoned temp files
and needs completely emptying or the normal.dot is damaged and needs
renaming as normal.bad.

Terry

<Jenn...@gmail.com> wrote in message

st

Mar 4, 2008, 12:40:00 AM3/4/08
I had a similar issue when my laptop is offline. If I double click a word
document, MSword will wait for couple and then come back with the same
message below. The following solution worked for me.

On my default printer (It is a network printer), select the properties
Click on ports tab
check 'enable printer pooling' check box.
I selected Microsoft Document Image Writing Port' also from the list
(I tested with pdfCreator port - prints to a pdf document)
apply and save.

After this the document opens without waiting.

Ian_T

Apr 11, 2008, 8:48:00 AM4/11/08
What worked in our networked environment (XP, SP2, Office 2003) is:

In Word, go to Tools --> Option --> Print
Uncheck "Background Printing" , Press OK
Reboot your computer and then go back to the same option and turn it back on
again

--
Ian

Suzanne S. Barnhill

Apr 11, 2008, 9:28:45 AM4/11/08
If the printers are on a network, make sure that the drivers are installed
locally.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"Ian_T" <Ia...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Cliff

May 18, 2008, 11:36:00 PM5/18/08
Hi Ian,
I had exact same problem.
Your fix worked for me as well thanks for the tip. WIN 2000 sp3, Word2003,
Epson C90 (USB) printer not shared.

I should also note that I had another printer set as shared and turned of
sharing for that printer but it didnt fix the problem.

yakup.1...@gmail.com

Jan 11, 2015, 6:21:21 AM1/11/15
microsoft office kitapaları 15 fazla teklink
bütün konuları içermektedir
indirmek için linkler
http://bc.vc/hrYNcA
veya
http://bc.vc/itE1Hl
indire bilirsiniz yüzde yüz memlun kalacaksınıs

Andrei Țurcan

Aug 24, 2020, 8:11:29 AM8/24/20
Thank you.