MS Word Encountered a Problem and needs to close...

Burlesy

Aug 1, 2009, 9:45:01 AM8/1/09

Word goes though a recovery process each time I open a word doc and displays
the MS Word has encountered a problem message. After I finish and close the
said doc I'm left with a Word temp file in that document's folder indicating
that its still open. This has been going on for some months now. I've run an
application repair and done a re-install from the original disc but I still
have the same problem.
I have the MS Office Student and Teacher Edition 2003 and I'm running XP SP3,
My other office applications seem to be fine - any suggestions on what's
gone wrong and how to fix this?

Stefan Blom

Aug 1, 2009, 10:19:14 AM8/1/09

Have you tried repairing the document, via Open and Repair?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Burlesy" <Bur...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Terry Farrell

Aug 1, 2009, 11:00:34 AM8/1/09
Is it just that one document or every document?

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

David

Sep 18, 2009, 6:05:05 AM9/18/09

Try repairing the document, via Open and Repair.
Still you are facing problem than go for third party word recovery tool.
First try the demo version than go for the full version. You can download it
from
http://www.repair-word-file.com/download-doc-repair-software.php

stanleyd.m...@gmail.com

Apr 18, 2015, 1:33:23 AM4/18/15

You may try following methods to open corrupt .docx file.

MS Word's in-built method Open and Reapir- File menu > Open > Select file > click down arrow beside the open button > Open and Repair.

Open with Open Office- Try to open MS Word document in Open Office.

Third Party tool- Stellar Phoenix Word Repair Tool which is a user-friendly and competent tool to repair corrupt Word DOC/DOCX Files without making any change in original images, text, headers and footers, fonts, and hyperlinks.

Open below link and download the demo version of the software.

go through: http://www.mannatsoftware.com/stellar-phoenix-word-repair.html