Cursor starts in the middle of the page

Helixal

Jun 13, 2010, 10:09:30 PM6/13/10
When I open a new document in word 2003 the cursor appears 4 7/8 inches down
from the top at the left margin. I can't move the cursor up above this
point. Everything else seems to work fine. When I print out the document
text appears 4 7/8 inches from the top. This problem began about a year
ago. If I open an older document, created prior to the problem, everything
works normally. I can work around the problem by opening an old document
and clearing it and writing in new text and saving it and printing it out
normally. I'd like to fix the problem so that I can open a new document and
have it work normally. Any Suggestions?

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Jun 13, 2010, 11:14:58 PM6/13/10
In the Page Setup for your Normal.dot template, on the Layout tab, you have
the Vertical Alignment set to Center. Open the Normal.dot template and
change it to Top

Also see the article "Why is my "Blank Document" not blank?” at:

http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/BlankDocNotBlank.htm

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"Helixal" <ag...@prodigy.net> wrote in message

Suzanne S. Barnhill

Jun 13, 2010, 11:15:34 PM6/13/10
On the Layout tab of Page Setup, make sure you have the vertical alignment
set to Top and not Center.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)