install problem ntoskrnl.exe

Jag

Dec 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/23/98
When I install NT50 beta (build 1932) it copies all the files fine but when
it reboots the system it says missing the NTOSKRNL.EXE file from system32
directory......I have checked the file is there but I don't understand why
it says the file is missing.
please email me at sonu...@home.com
thanks

Pike

Dec 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/23/98
Build 1932 is an internal one.
Maybe you should contact the supplier of this build about this.

Pike

Jag heeft geschreven in bericht ...

Mathew lukacs

Dec 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/23/98
I had the exact same problem...but with build 1877. You know how I solved
it? I'm still not sure...but what I had was a 10.1 gig HD, and a 1.2 gig
HD. Now, my BIOS doesn't support the 10.1, but I had some IBM software that
let me slide by. Now, after numerous attempts and formats, all getting the
same error, I tried installing NT5 on the 1.2 instead of a partition of the
10.1...and it worked! Thats how I solved it...I don't know if this helps.

Mathew Lukacs
mwl...@psu.edu

Jag <sonu...@home.com> wrote in message
AG8g2.6756$AN1....@news.rdc1.on.wave.home.com...

Thomas Lee

Dec 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/23/98
In article <AG8g2.6756$AN1....@news.rdc1.on.wave.home.com>, Jag <sonu-
j...@home.com> writes

>When I install NT50 beta (build 1932) it copies all the files fine but when
>it reboots the system it says missing the NTOSKRNL.EXE file from system32
>directory......I have checked the file is there but I don't understand why
>it says the file is missing.

This is a) an old build and b) an internal one. Ask the folks who gave
it to you for support.

This newsgroup is not meant to be used to support such builds.

Thomas

--
Thomas Lee (m...@psp.co.uk)
Microsoft Backoffice MVP