HP Jetdirect 300X Model J3263A

Werner

Dec 31, 2001, 12:49:48 AM12/31/01
Can anybody help me in setting-up this device ?
I did a hardware reset on the Jetdirect so the IP
addresses are back to 0.0.0.0.... After a while they
automatically become 192.0.0.192... Any help would be
HIGHLY appreciated !

Thank you !!!!

j_e...@btinternet.com

Jan 4, 2002, 9:51:29 AM1/4/02
This is correct. After 2 minutes the jet direct unit will
reconfigure to that IP address.
If your subnet mask and IP address permit it, you can then
telnet into it to reconfigure it to another IP address if
you wish. It presents a simple menu screen in the telnet
session. Just follow the prompts.

>.

Clare Goddard

Jan 5, 2002, 3:18:24 PM1/5/02
The defaults are to use BootP or DHCP protocols to have an IP assigned from
a server. If no server replies, the unit configures itself with a default
private IP address of 192.0.0.192. Set your computer up with an IP address
on that subnet, i.e. 192.0.0.191 and then you can use the Windows XP Telenet
utility to configure most of the settings. You also might be able to use
HP's JetAdmin program, but it is designed for Windows 95 and haven't tried
it with XP-works fine in 2k though. I also believe the model you describe
is late enough to be able use the web interface built into the unit.

"Werner" <wer...@smart-line.com> wrote in message

Rick Gutierrez

Jan 6, 2002, 4:39:38 PM1/6/02
I tried telneting in and nothing shows up...I can type and nothing shows up
in the telnet window...but here's what's funny...as soon as I disconnect,
whatever I typed in gets printed by the printer!!!

How do I change the IP address of the printer so that I can have it on the
same subnet as the network (i.e. 192.168.1.X)?

Thank you for any help...

On 1/5/2002 12:18 PM, in article OzU8VailBHA.1756@tkmsftngp07, "Clare

Jeff Morimoto

Jan 12, 2002, 2:05:48 PM1/12/02
The only way I was able to use my 300x was to use an old version of the HP
Network Printer Install Wizard v2.01. Once the wizard detects the printer
you can then change its recommended settings to whatever you need. Also,
make sure your 300X has the latest firmware. This is available on the HP
site. Hope this helps.

"Rick Gutierrez" <ri...@multivisiondesign.com> wrote in message