Limit RAM

David

Oct 15, 2003, 8:24:37 PM10/15/03
Hello

I just upgraded to XP from W98se. I have 512 meg of RAM
and I would like to be able to temporarily limit my
physical memory to 366 meg.

I used to do this in W98se with the line:
MaxPhysPage=16DFF
in the [386Enh]" section of the SYSTEM.INI file.

This doesn't give the same result in XP.

Any Ideas?

Thanks

David

Norman Murray

Oct 15, 2003, 11:15:58 PM10/15/03
In c:\boot.ini, look for "\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition"
/fastdetect" and add the following part to the end "/maxmem:366".
This will make the line look like this

WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition" /fastdetect /maxmem:366

"David" <anon...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

anon...@discussions.microsoft.com

Oct 16, 2003, 11:56:21 AM10/16/03
Hello Norman

Thanks you for the reply.

Does this also work for professional version as well?

Regards

David

>.

Ron Martell

Oct 16, 2003, 2:29:43 PM10/16/03
"David" <anon...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

Use Start - Run - MSCONFIG.

Go to the BOOT.INI tab and click on the Advanced Options button.

Click on the /MAXMEM checkbox to select it and then change the value
in the dialog box from 512 to 366.

Good luck

Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
--