understanding the ..\ MountPoints2\ CPC\ registry entries

yawnmoth

Dec 6, 2009, 11:57:15 PM12/6/09
What does the "Generation" value in the "HKCU\ Software\ Microsoft\
Windows\ CurrentVersion\ Explorer\ MountPoints2\ CPC\ Volume\ {...}"
registry key signify? I'm seeing 1, 12, and 14 on my computer,
although 1 occurs the most frequently.

I'm also curious about the format of the Data value. Strings appear
to be UTF-16 encoded but what do the first four bytes represent for
example? The two values I've seen are 0x360b0000 and 0x00000000.

Any ideas?

andy...@gmail.com

Jun 21, 2019, 4:25:15 AM6/21/19
Yes