What is a good free desktop screen recorder for very old, Windows XP Pro SP3?

Ant

Nov 26, 2015, 2:12:39 PM11/26/15
Hello.

It needs to be able to handle high frame rates like animations, so I can
play back frame by frame to see each movemennts. It should be like
http://icecreamapps.com/Screen-Recorder/ (doesn't support Windows XP SP3
though).

Thank you in advance. :)
--
Quote of the Week: "If ants are such busy workers, how come they find time to go to all the picnics?" --Marie Dressler
| |o o| |

Good Guy

Nov 26, 2015, 5:16:22 PM11/26/15

<http://screencast-o-matic.com/screen_recorder>

--
  1. This post contains rich text (HTML). if you don't like it then you can kill-filter the poster without crying like a small baby.
  2. This message is best read in Mozilla Thunderbird as it uses 21st century technology.

VanguardLH

Nov 26, 2015, 11:37:40 PM11/26/15
Ant wrote:

> It needs to be able to handle high frame rates like animations, so I can
> play back frame by frame to see each movemennts. It should be like
> http://icecreamapps.com/Screen-Recorder/ (doesn't support Windows XP SP3
> though).

The suggestions to your same inquiry in the Windows 7 newsgroup won't
run on Windows XP?

Ant

Dec 1, 2015, 2:19:19 AM12/1/15
>> It needs to be able to handle high frame rates like animations, so I can
>> play back frame by frame to see each movemennts. It should be like
>> http://icecreamapps.com/Screen-Recorder/ (doesn't support Windows XP SP3
>> though).
>>
>> Thank you in advance. :)

http://screencast-o-matic.com/screen_recorder

Thanks, but why does it need Internet to work? :(
--
"Ants follow fat." --unknown
this signature correctly.

R.Wieser

Dec 2, 2015, 6:02:27 AM12/2/15
Ant,

> Thanks, but why does it need Internet to work? :(

Why do you think it does ? (hint: the page you are linking to indicates
*two* methods. I suggest you read the first "Frequently asked questions"
entry. :-) )

Regards,
Rudy Wieser

-- Origional message:
Ant <a...@zimage.comANT> schreef in berichtnieuws
3r6dnbsnPv9r1MDL...@earthlink.com...

Ant

Dec 2, 2015, 8:05:34 PM12/2/15
> > Thanks, but why does it need Internet to work? :(

> Why do you think it does ? (hint: the page you are linking to indicates
> *two* methods. I suggest you read the first "Frequently asked questions"
> entry. :-) )

Are you referring to http://screencast-o-matic.com/getappdownload for
its EXE? If so, then I am using that.
--
Quote of the Week: "Why eat ants when an uncle will do?" --Tymoutta Aardvarka of Sarcastica
| |o o| |
\ _ / Please nuke ANT if replying by e-mail privately. If credit-
( ) ing, then please kindly use Ant nickname and AQFL URL/link.

R.Wieser

Dec 3, 2015, 3:29:02 AM12/3/15
Ant,

> Are you referring to http://screencast-o-matic.com/getappdownload
> for its EXE? If so, then I am using that.

Yes, that was what I was referring to. :-)

But it is trying to phone home ? In that case, it is possible it tries to
check for an update -- yes, without your explicit say-so. I don't like that
behaviour either. Although it is possible that you can disable it in the
settings somewhere.

Its also possible that the program, just like Win10, "just" wants to gather
some "metrics" from you. Its the price you are supposed to be willing to
pay for "free" stuff (in other words: don't expect other current software to
behave differently).

If you're lucky the reason for the programs need to go online is described
in the programs documentation and/or EULA ...

Regards,
Rudy Wieser

-- Origional message:
Ant <ANT...@zimage.com> schreef in berichtnieuws
heqdnXoJ3Y7ACMLL...@earthlink.com...

Ant

Dec 3, 2015, 9:20:57 PM12/3/15
> > Are you referring to http://screencast-o-matic.com/getappdownload
> > for its EXE? If so, then I am using that.

> Yes, that was what I was referring to. :-)

> But it is trying to phone home ? In that case, it is possible it tries to
> check for an update -- yes, without your explicit say-so. I don't like that
> behaviour either. Although it is possible that you can disable it in the
> settings somewhere.

Yeah, but it wanted more after that like encoding videos (not
uploading). I e-mailed the company, but never got an answer. :/

> Its also possible that the program, just like Win10, "just" wants to gather
> some "metrics" from you. Its the price you are supposed to be willing to
> pay for "free" stuff (in other words: don't expect other current software to
> behave differently).

> If you're lucky the reason for the programs need to go online is described
> in the programs documentation and/or EULA ...

:(

gibson...@u4sd.org

Apr 19, 2018, 10:18:59 AM4/19/18
that is sad of this kind of stuff that people have to work this much

gibson...@u4sd.org

Apr 19, 2018, 10:19:47 AM4/19/18
i have a baby

gibson...@u4sd.org