Best Freeware Site for XP?

Rich

Oct 29, 2002, 5:17:19 PM10/29/02
Anyone know the Best Freeware Site for XP?

peter

Oct 29, 2002, 11:08:25 PM10/29/02
6,589,345 sites devoted to XP in 567,324 themes
which one of those are you interested in???
Of course you could do a GOOGLE.COM search for specifics if you weren't so lazy
peter

pop

Nov 1, 2002, 12:28:11 PM11/1/02
yes yes I agree I would also like some honest opinions on freeware for winXP.in particular a desktop search engine .
One I see claims to be free but is cripple ware
The pure volume of what is in a search with google is overwhelming..and need one that can filter.after several days i have not found one that is not cripple ware

RE: personal recommendation

I was just looking for a personal recommendation precisely because their are many sites which mix a little XP stuff in with volumes of ME, 98, 95, etc; no need to call me "lazy."

David Candy

Nov 1, 2002, 12:39:08 PM11/1/02
That's because most of it still applies. My site is all 98 but 95% applies to XP. What's a desktop search engine anyway.

David Candy
http://www.mvps.org/serenitymacros
http://www.winsite.com/bin/Info?500000002364 or http://www.simtel.com/pub/pd/18669.html
--
http://www.newint.org
"pop" <rkharpe...@brightok.net> wrote in message news:uNp0cvcgCHA.1652@tkmsftngp09...

yes yes I agree I would also like some honest opinions on freeware for winXP.in particular a desktop search engine .
One I see claims to be free but is cripple ware
The pure volume of what is in a search with google is overwhelming..and need one that can filter.after several days i have not found one that is not cripple ware

Andrew

Nov 2, 2002, 2:25:41 AM11/2/02
The following sites are not XP exclusive, but I have downloaded a lot for XP
from them (especially first two). The last one is to download themes for
XP.

http://aumha.org/freeware.htm
http://www.webattack.com/
http://www.keyscreen.com/index.htm
http://www.themexp.org/

-----------------------

"pop" <rkharpe...@brightok.net> wrote in message

yes yes I agree I would also like some honest opinions on freeware for
winXP.in particular a desktop search engine .
One I see claims to be free but is cripple ware
The pure volume of what is in a search with google is overwhelming..and need
one that can filter.after several days i have not found one that is not
cripple ware

Michael Zipf

Oct 2, 2012, 12:41:49 PM10/2/12

bearware.info -good place to start, also the Dutch jewel favorite freeware [ http://thedutchjewel.defcon5.biz/index.html ] - has excellent sources