Please Help re Update.exe

Ron H.

Apr 4, 2002, 8:50:12 AM4/4/02
Hi All,
Everytime I switch to a non logged in Limited User Account, I get an error
message saying
"update.exe has found a problem and wants to email a report to Microsoft".
It only occurs when I switch to a NON LOGGED IN and Limited account.
I have disconnected all programs that run in the background and foreground
(antivirus etc) - but still this error message occurs. It does NOT occur
when I switch back to the admin account. Please - any help.
--
Regards :- Ron H.
Email :- rona...@bigpond.com

Jabez Gan

Apr 4, 2002, 9:01:39 AM4/4/02
Hi Ron,

Firstly, identify what program is this update.exe is. Next, check out the
manufacturer of this program, whether you will be needing to be in
Adminstrator user to run this program.

P.s: With the update.exe name, I suspect that this file may be an update
program for one of your other programs.

Hope this helps.

"Ron H." <rona...@bigpond.com> wrote in message

Ron H.

Apr 4, 2002, 9:37:08 AM4/4/02
Thanks Jabex,
You put me on the right track. I thought Update.exe was a Microsoft file -
hence an XP problem. But it is not - it belongs to Teknum Systems - of which
I have some of their s/w. I rename update.exe and presto - no problems.
Thanks again for the pointer
Regards Ron H.

"Jabez Gan" <mingtei...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Jabez Gan

Apr 5, 2002, 9:01:05 AM4/5/02
It's great feeling offering help to people. ;-)

"Ron H." <rona...@bigpond.com> wrote in message

1001...@richland2.org

Oct 17, 2013, 11:11:10 AM10/17/13

J. P. Gilliver (John)

Oct 17, 2013, 7:14:53 PM10/17/13
In message <844b6619-3053-4e3b...@googlegroups.com>,
whereas richland2 repeated it (without adding anything) on 2013-10-17 -
11½ years later. Did you mean to add something?

If you like making stuff there's always somebody ready to say that its
ridiculous. But, actually, I don't think it is. In fact, enthusiasms are good.
Hobbies are healthy. They don't harm anybody. - James May in RT, 6-12
November 2010.