shtml files do not open in windows explorer

0 visualizzazioni
Passa al primo messaggio da leggere

L.B. Grotte

da leggere,
25 gen 2006, 20:30:0325/01/06
Hello. I have recently upgraded from windows 98 to xp professional. I use
shtml files in maintaining my website, but cannot open these files from
within explorer as I could in 98. Clicking on them, no new window opens and
no action occurs.

I have no problem viewing shtml files while on the internet.

Checking in tools..folder options...file types, I found that the file type
did not have the same commands as for htm and html files, so entered those
values into the advanced info for the shtml file type, namely:
Action
&Open

Application used to open
"C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe" %1

DDE message
"%1",,-1,0,,,,

Application
IExplore

DDE application not running
*

Topic
WWW_OpenURLNewWindow

But this does not work to open the file. Instead of nothing happening,
however, I receive an error message that windows is unable to find the file,
and that I should use the "search" feature to find the file. Trying this, I
received the same error message that windows was unable to find the file.

What do I need to do to work with these files?

Thanks very much for any suggestions.
--
lbgrotte

Ramesh, MS-MVP

da leggere,
26 gen 2006, 06:43:1826/01/06
See if this command helps, from Start/Run:

cmd /c assoc .shtml=htmlfile

--
Regards,

Ramesh Srinivasan, Microsoft MVP [Windows XP Shell/User]
Windows® XP Troubleshooting http://www.winhelponline.com

"L.B. Grotte" <lgr...@adelphia.net> wrote in message

L.B. Grotte

da leggere,
26 gen 2006, 07:58:5126/01/06
Hello Ramesh. That works perfectly. Thanks very much. Lee

"Ramesh, MS-MVP" <ram...@XOX.mvps.org> wrote in message

Ramesh, MS-MVP

da leggere,
26 gen 2006, 08:44:2626/01/06
You're welcome Lee.

--

Hello Ramesh. That works perfectly. Thanks very much. Lee

"Ramesh, MS-MVP" <ram...@XOX.mvps.org> wrote in message
> See if this command helps, from Start/Run:
>
> cmd /c assoc .shtml=htmlfile
>
> --
> Regards,
>
> Ramesh Srinivasan, Microsoft MVP [Windows XP Shell/User]
> Windows® XP Troubleshooting http://www.winhelponline.com
>

> "L.B. Grotte" <lgr...@adelphia.net> wrote in message
> Hello. I have recently upgraded from windows 98 to xp professional. I use
> shtml files in maintaining my website, but cannot open these files from
> within explorer as I could in 98. Clicking on them, no new window opens
> and
> no action occurs.
>
> I have no problem viewing shtml files while on the internet.

<snip>

Rispondi a tutti
Rispondi all'autore
Inoltra