How can I remove duplicate files from MP3 player?

bunnyslippers

Jan 24, 2007, 11:01:01 PM1/24/07
Somehow, several .wma files got duplicated on my player and are taking up
space. How can I delete them through Windows Media Player?
TIA

Byte

Jan 25, 2007, 11:37:04 AM1/25/07
There are several ways to do that. In Media Player, open all the songs
you have listed, click the Now Playing tab. On the rightside in the now
playing
list you can rightclick the duplicates and click Delete. A faster way to
delete
is to use Windows Explorer. There are 3rd party apps such as EasyCleaner
(free)
which will list duplicates so you can delete them. Let us know, good luck.
:~)
--
XP - WNP
Today is the first day of the

bunnyslippers

Jan 25, 2007, 5:11:03 PM1/25/07
I'm sorry, but I don't see the duplicates on the right side while on the Now
Playing tab. I have tried using Windows Explorer, but it only shows me a file
called "TCNAND0", not the individual .wma files. Can I delete that and then
put the songs back on individually, basically starting from scratch? Or is
there another way to wipe everything off the MP3 player and start over?

Thank you for your help!

Byte

Jan 26, 2007, 11:41:02 AM1/26/07
In Windows Media player, once opened, top right you'll see a small
down arrow, click on it and it will show the now playing list. There
you can rightclick to delete. I hope you are using WMP10, otherwise my
comments are useless. I have no idea what TCNANDO is, thus ???
Googled for TCNANDO and found some responses. One is below.
Media Player 11 and M240 don''t work ? - MobilePlanet Inc.
http://www.mobileplanet.com/ft.aspx?i=130057&thread=11

bunnyslippers

Jan 26, 2007, 3:11:01 PM1/26/07
Yes, I am using Media Player 11, must be why I don't have the option to
delete as you described...but the site you attached may be useful, so thank
you very much for your help.

allancass

Aug 6, 2009, 6:16:55 PM8/6/09

I'd like to recommend using this 'duplicate file finder'
(http://www.mindgems.com/products/Fast-Duplicate-File-Finder/Fast-Duplicate-File-Finder-About.htm)
to deal with unnecessary files. It has many functions, user-friendly
interface, safety options and 100% efficiency.

--
allancass
allancass's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/122268.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

jean3167

Sep 7, 2009, 3:41:47 AM9/7/09

I use duplicate finder 2009 to remove 'duplicate mp3 songs'
(http://www.duplicate-finder-pro.com/duplicate-mp3-finder.htm) from my
music library, it says that it can easy move or delete duplicate files
and folder.

--
jean3167
jean3167's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/130502.htm

Jade141

Mar 22, 2010, 9:36:18 AM3/22/10

When i was in a trouble with the duplicate songs i use a tool from
Ashisoft to 'remove duplicate files' (http://www.ashisoft.com) and
songs.

Download Free: http://www.ashisoft.com

--
Jade141
Jade141's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/198448.htm

randy cole

Jan 15, 2011, 3:05:49 PM1/15/11
Duplicate finders are all garbage. All they do is show you the duplicates- you still have to go and pick each one to delete. You can do this yourself on Windows Media- why the hell do I need addit software? Windows media 11 has no remedy I am aware of to stop duplicates- I've tried them all.