get rid of ! files

Jason

Jan 31, 2011, 7:36:26 PM1/31/11
Some music is not found and go orange/brown and have !. So I right click on
them and go remove from library. Sometimes library is greyed out and I use
remove from playlist. The problem is next time I open media player they are
back. How do I get rid of them permanently?

Thanks,
J.

Anthony Buckland

Feb 1, 2011, 2:14:25 AM2/1/11

"Jason" <Ja...@Yahoo.com.au> wrote in message

I sense that we have not much in common.
If you do not have not enough English, do you have another
language you would like to ask in?
Deutsch? Francaise?

choro

Feb 1, 2011, 2:23:40 AM2/1/11

No! Nepalese!

And if you don't have enough brainpower to get what he is saying why
don't you go and jump in the river?
--
choro
*****

Jason

Feb 1, 2011, 7:25:23 PM2/1/11
Gebrauch-Übersetzer: Etwas Musik wird nicht gefunden und orange/braun gehen
und haben!. So ich Recht klicken
sie und gehen ziehen von der Bibliothek um. Manchmal ist Bibliothek greyed,
und ich verwende
ziehen Sie von playlist um. Das Problem ist nächstes Mal, wenn ich
Mediaspieler öffne, der sie sind
zurück. Wie werde ich sie dauerhaft los?
"Anthony Buckland" <anthonybuc...@telus.net> wrote in message

Jason

Feb 4, 2011, 2:45:37 AM2/4/11
Vielleicht konnten Sie mit einem Schwimmen tun
"choro" <ch...@tvco.net> wrote in message

Tim Meddick

Feb 7, 2011, 11:16:19 AM2/7/11
I must first apologise that I only speak English!!

The files come back to the library because they must still exist somewhere
on your hard-drive (or on a removable-drive).

Click on "Tools" > "Options" from the top menus (or equivalent in a
media-player other than Window's Media Player), and select the options for
"Library" - location of directories to scan for media.

Re-set the location[s] to scan for media-files so that only the one "Music"
folder where you store all your music is designated. Then search that
folder and all it's sub-folders to make sure only ONE copy of each
music-file exists.

Bare in mind that TWO mp3 files named totally differently CAN have the SAME
name and music-info INTERNALLY which is where media-player's read mp3
Title, Artist, and track info from - not the actual file's name.

To check this out ;

In some media-players (like WMP11), you can select the "column
headings" - make sure the "file-path" column is displaying and then compare
any duplicates with their actual locations.

You can also compare any files you think should have been deleted from your
computer with their "file-path's" and see if they really do exist.

Finally ;

If you ARE using Window's Media Player (WMP11) make sure that the
checkbox named :

"Add files previously deleted from library"

...is cleared (not checked). You find this under : "Tools" > "Options" >
"Library" (tab) ...and press on the "Monitor Folders" button, and finally
press on the "Advanced" button to reveal the : "Add files previously
deleted from library" check-box - clear it!

==

Cheers, Tim Meddick, Peckham, London. :-)

Jason

Feb 10, 2011, 4:49:06 PM2/10/11
You must be referring to a later version of WMP. The files are definitely
deleted - been moved to a different disc. I usually use - delete from
library that doesn't delete from hard drive. In this particular case it
doesn't matter either way as these particular files have already been
deleted (moved) using explorer so I have manually added the files like I did
originally. WMP is not set to retrieve files is a folder automatically. It
is set to "Add music files to Media Library when played" - the last thing I
have been doing is right clicking on every mp3 file in the folders and
clicking play. Before that I moved my music from one 'drive' to another and
went file - add to media library - add folder and selected the folders that
had the music. I'm not sure all music was picked up this way hence using the
right click - play method.

"Tim Meddick" <timme...@o2.co.uk> wrote in message