Deletes files and folders that are impossible to delete because they
are being used by the system or by some application. To delete the
file or folder, simply right click it and select Long Path Tool in the
- New feature: Made it possible to delete deep directory structures
and too long path errors (Path too long, Cannot delete file or folder
The file name you specified is not valid or too long. Specify a
different file name, The filename or extension is too long, Path too
deep, Destination Path Too Long, The file could not be accessed, The
path you entered, is too long. Enter a shorter path). Try deleting the
folder created by this batch file without the new Long Path Tool you
- Improved UI: Progress bar when deleting large folders
- Improved UI: Fixed all references to previous website in UI
- Fixed Bug: Fix crash which happened with deep paths in old versions
- Fixed Installer: Fixed x64 installer for references to non existing
- Promotional feature: Fully optional Bing or Quickstores toolbar
depending on location.
Long Path Tool provides fixes for next errors:
Cannot delete file: Access is denied
There has been a sharing violation.
The source or destination file may be in use.
The file is in use by another program or user.
Make sure the disk is not full or write-protected and that the file is
not currently in use.
Error Deleting File or Folder
Cannot delete file or folder The file name you specified is not valid
or too long. Specify a different file name.
http://DuplicateFilesDeleter.com - find and erase duplicate files from
your hard drive
http://LongPathTool.com - find and erase path too long files from your