Problem with backup

ivan

Jun 4, 2020, 11:33:28 AM6/4/20
I'm using the old windows 7 backup/restore, on Windows 10. It is scheduled for afternoon backup along with shutdown from Scheduler after backup is complete.

Problem now is backup starts running again at bootup in the morning, which is not desired.

I've tried resetting the registry to initial values, and then resetting the scheduler for 5 PM backup. Well, backup starts again on boot up. Nothing seems to work.

Any ideas how I might prevent this? Many thanks

JJ

Jun 5, 2020, 1:54:07 AM6/5/20
Check its scheduled task in the Task Scheduler application. On its
"Settings" tab, make sure the "Run task as soon as possible after a
scheduled start is missed" setting is OFF/unticked.

ivandeni...@gmail.com

Jun 5, 2020, 12:21:13 PM6/5/20
Thanks JJ. It is unticked there. As an additional clue, if the backup is aborted as soon as it starts after bootup and the computer is turned off, it won't do it again after it's turned back on. Somehow, somewhere an instruction remains after the auto shutdown is executed automatically after the scheduled backup is completed.

Additional info:

The shutdown instruction in scheduler is "shutdown s/ f/"

The source/event ID for detection of end of backup is "backup" and "4".

Any other ideas. Thanks for helping me out with this.