Flash problems

RonChi

Apr 20, 2007, 4:12:01 PM4/20/07
I have XP Home Edition. My problem has been going on now for about 5 or 6
months. It's not serious, but it is annoying. I can't keep Flash working for
more then 4 days in a row. I have to uninstall it and reinstall it about
every 4 or 5 days, otherwise I'll encounter something online that needs Flash
to work, and the spot says that I need to download the latest version of
Flash, even though I already have it on my computer. I've gone through the
solutions mentioned on the Adobe site, but nothing seems to last. Any ideas
out there? Thanks.

Ron

Daave

Apr 20, 2007, 5:50:12 PM4/20/07

Lifted from:
http://www.syschat.com/javascript-and-macromedia-flash-player-problems-1903.html

04-18-2007, 01:34 PM
Sami

Please try these fixes from adobe

1. Adobe - TechNote : Flash movies do not appear after installing the
Flash Player
http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/knowledgebase/index.cfm?id=tn_19091

2. Some Internet utilities, such as Norton Internet Utilities, perform
functions similar to a firewall and may restrict viewing of ActiveX
controls. You need to ensure that your firewall or utility settings are
set to allow ActiveX controls or you can't view Flash movies in Internet
Explorer.

3. The most common cause of Flash movies failing to display is the
presence of pop-up/ad blocker software that specifically targets Flash
content. To find out more about this issue, see Flash movies do not
appear after installing the Flash Player
(In IE7 make sure popup blocker is disabled)

Bottom line: most likely it is a Javascript and/or ActiveX issue.

Debbie Graham

Apr 20, 2007, 6:11:39 PM4/20/07
I had the problem with the flash not working even though it said it was
installed, I found out it was my Yahoo Companion toolbar causing it. I'm
using IE6, after I uninstalled I haven't had the problem happen again

Debbie
"Daave" <dcwash...@myrealboxXYZ.invalid> wrote in message

RonChi

Apr 23, 2007, 4:18:03 PM4/23/07
Thanks for your reply, Debbie. But, I don't have the Yahoo Companion Toolbar
on my computer.

Ron