Question about Wbadmin syntax

Ivan Denisovich

Aug 13, 2020, 5:40:22 PM8/13/20

I currently use the old Windows Backup (2007), which works well, but is not very flexible for scheduling and other features.

The old app produces 2 files, one under the "name" of the computer, presumably containing full incremental backups of all files on C:\. The other is named "WindowsImageBackup", containing a system image.

I'd like to migrate to using Wbadmin scripts for backups and my question is how to configure the "Wbadmin start backup" command with the necessary paramenters so both a full backup and a system image is produced. Can this, for example, be accomplished in one wbadmin line or not? If not, will it work with two lines (one for each type of backup) in sequence?

All guidance greatly appreciated.

😉 Good Guy 😉

Aug 13, 2020, 6:09:31 PM8/13/20

What's your operating system?  The syntax instructions are at this link:

<https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server/administration/windows-commands/wbadmin-start-backup>

You could use "Acronis True Image" or "Macrium Free Edition" that will be quite flexible.  However, these packages might not be available for old operating systems.

<https://www.macrium.com/reflectfree>

Acronis is a premium software so I'm not posting a link here as spam is not allowed here.

--

With over 1.2 billion devices now running Windows 10, customer satisfaction is higher than any previous version of windows.

Ivan Denisovich

Aug 14, 2020, 11:23:23 AM8/14/20
I am on Windows 10. Thanks for the link and the recommendations for alternative software. I will look into it. Your guidance is greatly appreciated.

Barry Schwarz

Aug 14, 2020, 2:19:36 PM8/14/20
On Fri, 14 Aug 2020 08:23:20 -0700 (PDT), Ivan Denisovich
<ivandeni...@gmail.com> wrote:

>I am on Windows 10. Thanks for the link and the recommendations for alternative software. I will look into it. Your guidance is greatly appreciated.

Why are you posting a Windows 10 question to a Windows XP forum?

--
Remove del for email