File Explorer problem

Ivan Denisovich

May 6, 2021, 3:40:26 PM5/6/21
Windows 10 is not saving my folder settings like location, size, icons, etc. I've tried all the things suggested on line (view settings within folders, some registry tweaks) and nothing works. I'm almost certain it's related to registry settings controlling these things, but can't figure out what to do.

Any ideas on where to look for a solution? Perhaps some registry entries that might work?

All help appreciated.

Barry Schwarz

May 6, 2021, 5:37:47 PM5/6/21
And you ask a Windows 10 question in an XP newsgroup because ...?

--
Remove del for email

😉 Good Guy 😉

May 6, 2021, 5:41:49 PM5/6/21
On 06/05/2021 22:37, Barry Schwarz wrote:

And you ask a Windows 10 question in an XP newsgroup because ...?

Because Google doesn't carry Windows 10 and the OP hasn't heard of Newsgroups.

In Mozilla Thunderbird, the OP can click at the above link and he will get a Windows 10 newsgroup.

--

With over 1.3 billion devices now running Windows 10, customer satisfaction is higher than any previous version of windows.

JJ

May 7, 2021, 9:34:17 AM5/7/21
On Thu, 6 May 2021 12:40:24 -0700 (PDT), Ivan Denisovich wrote:
> Windows 10 is not saving my folder settings like location, size, icons,
> etc.. I've tried all the things suggested on line (view settings within
> folders, some registry tweaks) and nothing works. I'm almost certain
> it's related to registry settings controlling these things, but can't
> figure out what to do.
>
> Any ideas on where to look for a solution? Perhaps some registry entries
> that might work?
>
> All help appreciated.

Windows 10 is not same as Windows XP. They're both Windows, yes. But Windows
10 and Windows XP are two separate product. There are significant
differences between the two. Both visible and non visible.

Ian Jackson

May 9, 2021, 5:51:02 PM5/9/21
In message <7co89glvdti2j3hju...@4ax.com>, Barry Schwarz
<schw...@delq.com> writes
Because the REAL W10 experts still prefer to use XP?
--
Ian