Unnecessary Windows 10 Restrictions

Ivan Denisovich

Oct 14, 2020, 12:21:56 PM10/14/20
I'm the only user of my machine, and frequently run into permissions requirements to open, or simply find file properties. In my case, at least, these things are time consuming nuisances, they contribute nothing to the safety of my setup and just waste time. I'm familiar with all the procedures to get around this for individual files or folders (e. g. administrator privileges, security settings, etc) but wonder if there is some setting (perhaps via registry) that would do away with these restrictions in all cases I may run into.

As these things are just a waste of time for me, all help to eliminate them would be appreciated.

JJ

Oct 15, 2020, 1:06:10 AM10/15/20
Those restrictions are mainly due to NTFS file permissions (and ownership),
where some folder and files require higher access level than Administrators.

Making it works like Windows XP is possible, but it's highly not recommended
if you're not familiar with Windows security model. Otherwise, you wouldn't
have asked this question in the first place.

Ivan Denisovich

Oct 15, 2020, 11:54:13 AM10/15/20
On Thursday, October 15, 2020 at 12:06:10 AM UTC-5, JJ wrote:

> Those restrictions are mainly due to NTFS file permissions (and ownership),
> where some folder and files require higher access level than Administrators.
>
> Making it works like Windows XP is possible, but it's highly not recommended
> if you're not familiar with Windows security model. Otherwise, you wouldn't
> have asked this question in the first place.

Thanks for your help, JJ.