Where to get VeraCrypt 1.19 for using with XP

Nomen Nescio

Jan 8, 2022, 5:57:37 PM1/8/22
(The PIM function is what convinced me to move on
from using TrueCrypt.)

https://filehippo.com/download_veracrypt/1.19/

VeraCrypt 1.19 for Windows

Requirements:

Windows XP,Windows 2003,Windows 8,Windows 98,
Windows Vista,Windows 10,Windows 2000,Windows 7

Language:
English

Available languages:

English,German,Spanish,French,Italian,Japanese,Polish,Chinese

Shadow

Jan 8, 2022, 6:40:24 PM1/8/22
I think the latest works on XP.

https://veracrypt.fr/en/Downloads.html

NSA trackers are working slowly today. It might take a while
to load the page.
LOL
Prefer the portable version.

PS Don't use (or trust it) myself.
[]'s
--
Don't be evil - Google 2004
We have a new policy - Google 2012

Nomen Nescio

Jan 8, 2022, 8:24:13 PM1/8/22
In article <s08ktg5p490t01vba...@4ax.com>
I tried the latest version a few months back. It wouldn't work. I
found a forum wherein others also were looking for a version that
worked with XP. A poster gave the URL I posted here. The version
worked. Judging by what others said in the forum, I think this is the
latest ver. that works with XP. Whatever...it suits me.

> PS Don't use (or trust it) myself.

The Black Hats have yet to bring anyone into court with evidence they
got by cracking PGP, TrueCrypt or VeraCrypt. Although I did read one
case years back where some s.o.b ex-husband gave his ex's password to
the Black Hats and they got her that way. Watta prick.

I keep up with some the "experts" on this matter, especially Bruce
Schneier. However, I would never trust any of the multitude of
encryption files floating around out there. Using AES doesn't stop the
Black Hats from cracking poorly written software no matter what
encryption scheme it uses. However, even much of the good stuff can be
"opened" up because of poor password selection. That's why I always
use multi-mulit word passphrases with misspelled words, some
capitalization, some punctuation and numbers. Screw any Dictionary
Attack.

What I don't worry about is gov't Black Hats going after my comps. I
have nothing on there of the slightest interest to them. My worries
are about burglars or dishonest computer repair shops. I worry that
burglars just might know some computer hackers or crooked repair shop
that might give a try at my encrypted files, hoping for credit card,
bank info, etc. Matter of a fact, I have always worried about any
repair shop I brought my computers into for repair. However, I am damn
sure these clowns have not compromised PGP, TrueCrypt or VeraCrypt.

Remember, even Snowden trusted some of these encryption programs.

Ant

Jan 9, 2022, 2:53:59 AM1/9/22
https://sourceforge.net/projects/veracrypt/files/ from
https://veracrypt.fr/en/Downloads.html
--
It's winter again! So tired and achy even without any virus. Need more tree and hair cuts! Lots of spams again! 2022 isn't any better and different so far. :(
| |o o| |

Shadow

Jan 9, 2022, 5:01:59 PM1/9/22
On Sun, 9 Jan 2022 02:24:10 +0100 (CET), Nomen Nescio
Daniel Dantas, a notorious criminal(narcotraffic,
prostitution, tax evasion, corruption, bribing supreme court judges,
use of slave labor etc), had his hard drives confiscated and handed
over to the FBI for decryption in 2008. He used TrueCrypt v6.0.
And they still haven't cracked it.
I'll trust TrueCrypt until the day they manage to access those
hard drives.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Truecrypt#Operation_Satyagraha

Nomen Nescio

Jan 9, 2022, 7:30:15 PM1/9/22
In article <ccmmtgtcttscugmjl...@4ax.com>
I was using the TC 7.1a version until I switched to VeraCrypt. I gave
VeraCrypt 8-9 years to see how things went with it before switching.
As I said before, I've heard nothing bad about it, plus some of the
truly more knowledgeable "experts" have made the transition from TC.
Even Gibson's GRC page has lately dropped advocating for TC. Gibson's
new page puts it as such:

https://www.grc.com/misc/truecrypt/truecrypt.htm

It's (past) time to switch to VeraCrypt...

VeraCrypt is being continually maintained, while the aging
TrueCrypt code has become problematical to use.

In addition, I think the user control of the PIM function was a great
idea.

I feel the same way about my choice of encryption method as I do my
choice of guns and ammo - My life, my choice. My security, my choice.