Colour Box Under Icons

Streisand@discussions.microsoft.com Barbra Streisand

Jul 15, 2006, 6:22:02 PM7/15/06
HELP!
I have a colour box under each icon with the display title. I can't seem to
remove this colour box and just have the text under icons....

These are the steps I already tried with no luck:

Gone to display pannel clicked appearance then advance and I only see other
icon colour box choices under desktop.

Under display properties the effects settings I tried with no luck

Went to my desktop and right clicked and under "Arrange Icons by" tried to
arrange icons with diffrent settings. Still no luck in removing the colour
boxes under the icons.

I would really appreciate how to solve this problem it's so annoying to me.

Highest regards ~
Jeffery

Bob B

Jul 15, 2006, 6:55:00 PM7/15/06

Right click desktop and untick "lock icons on desktop"

Bob

"Barbra Streisand" <Barbra Stre...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:1FA99DEC-B431-4D23...@microsoft.com...

Barbra Streisand

Jul 15, 2006, 7:32:01 PM7/15/06
I have tried Right click desktop and untick "lock icons on desktop" as stated
in my question. Infact I tried many combinations regarding "Arrange Icons By"
Your answere was tried again and did not work. Any other sugestions....
This is not an easy one.
Thank You!

Barbra Streisand

Jul 15, 2006, 7:35:01 PM7/15/06
I can't remove the clour boxes under my icons and I have tried Right click
desktop and untick "lock icons on desktop" this did not work.

Does anyone have other sugestions I could try....

Thank You!

Malke

Jul 15, 2006, 8:09:57 PM7/15/06
Barbra Streisand wrote:

> I have tried Right click desktop and untick "lock icons on desktop" as
> stated in my question. Infact I tried many combinations regarding "Arrange
> Icons By"
> Your answere was tried again and did not work. Any other sugestions....
> This is not an easy one.

Open the System applet in Control Panel, choose the Advanced tab, and click
Settings in the Performance section. Turn on the "Use drop shadows for icon
labels on the desktop option", and click Ok.

Four things are required for transparent icon backgrounds:

1) System Properties>Advanced>Performance Settings>VisualEffects - check
"use drop shadows for icon labels".

2) Right-click on Desktop ->Arrange Icons by>Lock Web items must be cleared.

3) If you have any web content on your desktop, transparency won't work. To
check for web content: Display Properties>Desktop>Customize Desktop>Web -
make sure all checkboxes are clear.

4) Wallpaper must be an image file, not html.

Malke
--
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
Elephant Boy Computers

Malke

Jul 15, 2006, 8:11:47 PM7/15/06
Barbra Streisand wrote:

Please see my detailed answer to your first post. Even though you are
frustrated, please do not create a new post about the same subject only a
little while later. Wait at least 24 hours. The people who answer questions
in these newsgroups are all volunteers, living all over the world. People
might be sleeping or making dinner.

Barbra Streisand

Jul 15, 2006, 8:35:02 PM7/15/06
BRAVO! Malke you were right! Thank you so much! I spent so much time on this
trying to figure it out. (stress) Your message was clear and straight
forward to follow and it worked! Thank you! Thank you! :)

Malke

Jul 15, 2006, 10:01:08 PM7/15/06
Barbra Streisand wrote:

> BRAVO! Malke you were right! Thank you so much! I spent so much time on
> this
> trying to figure it out. (stress) Your message was clear and straight
> forward to follow and it worked! Thank you! Thank you! :)

Glad you got it sorted. Thanks for taking the time to let me know.

wvmo...@yahoo.com

Jul 27, 2006, 2:48:49 PM7/27/06

Well, I have done all of that, and still have the same problem.

-CB