Why Windows XP was better than Windows 10

Anonymous

Aug 6, 2021, 3:12:52 AM8/6/21
Windows 10 is a dog! There is no arguing that it is the worst OS
experience ever created. Not only are there filmy and foamy layers,
Microsoft is constantly updating it to force features that you do not
even want. At least once a week we get a customer who reports their
computer was completely bricked by a Windows 10 update. Windows 10 is a
garbage heap mudslide. It is a costly time-wasting endeavor by Microsoft
to try to establish that you somehow NEED to get updates every month for
something other than the bug fixes required for the garbage they forced
on you the prior month.

With Windows XP, you could see in the system monitor that about 8
processes were running and they used less than 1% of CPU and disk
bandwidth. For windows 10, there are more than 200 processes and they
commonly use 30-50% of your CPU and disk IO. Whenever I start drilling
down on these processes I can see they are features I never want;
Cortana, One Note, Xbox Game Bar, Your Phone, Groove Music.

No wonder so many people hold on to their old XP computers long after
the OS is insecure.

The "insecure" problem is easily solved with a freebie sandbox program.

https://sandboxie-plus.com/Sandboxie/

http://www.toolwiz.com/lead/toolwiz_time_freeze/
(Time Freeze is much simpler to use than Sandboxie.)

The entire article is here:
https://www.companionlink.com/blog/2020/06/why-windows-xp-was-better-than-windows-10/