Error 126: The specified module could not be found.

Armstrong Wong

Jun 15, 2003, 8:27:57 PM6/15/03
Whenever I attempt to start Human Interface in Service dialogbox
(C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.msc), an error message is displayed:
Services
Could not start the Human Interface Device Access service on Local Computer.
Error 126: The specified module could not be found.

Your kindness to help will be much appreciated. Many thanks in advance.

Kelly

Jun 16, 2003, 4:17:34 AM6/16/03

See if this helps: From a previous post

The following error will occur if any of the three files (hidserv.dll,
mouhid.sys and mouclass.sys) are missing.

Could not start the Human Interface Device Access service on Local

Computer. Error 126: the specified module could not be found

Extract hidserv.dll, mouhid.sys and mouclass.sys from drivers.cab in the
Windows XP CD to: <Systemroot>\Windows\System32\ to fix the issue.

1.Insert Windows XP Setup CD.
2.Browse to <CD-ROM>:\i386\drivers.cab
3.Double click the drivers.cab file. The compressed files in the Cab file
will be listed.
4.Copy the three files to <SystemRoot>\windows\system32\. Reboot
the computer.

The Human Interface Device Access service will then be started.

--
All the Best,
Kelly

MS-MVP Win98/XP
[AE-Windows® XP]

Troubleshooting Windows XP
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

Top 10 Frequently Asked Questions and Answers

"Armstrong Wong" <arm...@hkstar.com> wrote in message

Armstrong Wong

Jun 16, 2003, 8:57:29 PM6/16/03
Kelly,

Thanks a lot. Your tip works brilliantly. Once I copy the 3 files you
suggested into c:\Windows\System32 and jump in Services dialog, a click to the
"Start" of Human interface Device Access instantly activate the service
without a glitch. Again, thanks.

All the best.

Armstrong Wong
Hong Kong