USB fridge - sense of humour

J. P. Gilliver (John)

Nov 29, 2021, 2:29:13 PM11/29/21
Have obtained a USB cooler/warmer as a novelty gift for a friend. (Yes,
I'm quite aware of the limitations of USB - though tried it out, and was
quite surprised how soon it was perceptibly cool! [The warm option _did_
seem very minimal/slow.]) It's the sort that will take two standard
drinks cans (or a beer bottle).

What amuses me - since, obviously, all it's taking is power (I actually
tried it out using the power-only socket on a powered hub) - is this
rectangle printed on the box:

Minimum system requirements
o PC and Macintosh platforms
o 32 MB of system RAM
o 100 MB available hard disk space
o One available USB 2.0 port

I like to _hope_ there's someone with a sense of humour involved, though
I fear it's really just a communications breakdown within the (probably
Chinese) manufacturer. [Oh, there's no software control - it isn't at
all fancy!]

A sleekzorp without a tornpee is like a quop without a fertsneet (sort of).

Carlos E.R.

Nov 29, 2021, 3:08:10 PM11/29/21
On 29/11/2021 20.28, J. P. Gilliver (John) wrote:
> Have obtained a USB cooler/warmer as a novelty gift for a friend. (Yes,
> I'm quite aware of the limitations of USB - though tried it out, and was
> quite surprised how soon it was perceptibly cool! [The warm option _did_
> seem very minimal/slow.]) It's the sort that will take two standard
> drinks cans (or a beer bottle).
>
> What amuses me - since, obviously, all it's taking is power (I actually
> tried it out using the power-only socket on a powered hub) - is this
> rectangle printed on the box:
>
> Minimum system requirements
> o PC and Macintosh platforms
> o 32 MB of system RAM
> o 100 MB available hard disk space
> o One available USB 2.0 port

ROTFL! X'-D

> I like to _hope_ there's someone with a sense of humour involved, though
> I fear it's really just a communications breakdown within the (probably
> Chinese) manufacturer. [Oh, there's no software control - it isn't at
> all fancy!]

And saying nothing about the actual power specs of the device...

--
Cheers, Carlos.

Michael Trew

Nov 29, 2021, 4:21:56 PM11/29/21
On 11/29/2021 14:28, J. P. Gilliver (John) wrote:
> Have obtained a USB cooler/warmer as a novelty gift for a friend. (Yes,
> I'm quite aware of the limitations of USB - though tried it out, and was
> quite surprised how soon it was perceptibly cool! [The warm option _did_
> seem very minimal/slow.]) It's the sort that will take two standard
> drinks cans (or a beer bottle).
>
> What amuses me - since, obviously, all it's taking is power (I actually
> tried it out using the power-only socket on a powered hub) - is this
> rectangle printed on the box:
>
> Minimum system requirements
> o PC and Macintosh platforms
> o 32 MB of system RAM
> o 100 MB available hard disk space
> o One available USB 2.0 port
>
> I like to _hope_ there's someone with a sense of humour involved, though
> I fear it's really just a communications breakdown within the (probably
> Chinese) manufacturer. [Oh, there's no software control - it isn't at
> all fancy!]

Ah, shoot... I have a Windows 95B laptop from 1997 that came from the
factory with a single USB port, but it might only have 24 megs of RAM...
lol (then again, it wouldn't be USB 2.0 either).

Paul in Houston TX

Nov 29, 2021, 5:26:35 PM11/29/21
J. P. Gilliver (John) wrote:
> Have obtained a USB cooler/warmer as a novelty gift for a friend. (Yes,
> I'm quite aware of the limitations of USB - though tried it out, and was
> quite surprised how soon it was perceptibly cool! [The warm option _did_
> seem very minimal/slow.]) It's the sort that will take two standard
> drinks cans (or a beer bottle).
>
> What amuses me - since, obviously, all it's taking is power (I actually
> tried it out using the power-only socket on a powered hub) - is this
> rectangle printed on the box:
>
> Minimum system requirements
> o PC and Macintosh platforms
> o 32 MB of system RAM
> o 100 MB available hard disk space
> o One available USB 2.0 port
>
> I like to _hope_ there's someone with a sense of humour involved, though
> I fear it's really just a communications breakdown within the (probably
> Chinese) manufacturer. [Oh, there's no software control - it isn't at
> all fancy!]

All your base are belong to us!

micky

Nov 30, 2021, 3:34:17 PM11/30/21
In alt.comp.os.windows-10, on Mon, 29 Nov 2021 16:21:53 -0500, Michael
Trew <michae...@att.net> wrote:

>On 11/29/2021 14:28, J. P. Gilliver (John) wrote:
>> Have obtained a USB cooler/warmer as a novelty gift for a friend. (Yes,
>> I'm quite aware of the limitations of USB - though tried it out, and was
>> quite surprised how soon it was perceptibly cool! [The warm option _did_
>> seem very minimal/slow.]) It's the sort that will take two standard
>> drinks cans (or a beer bottle).
>>
>> What amuses me - since, obviously, all it's taking is power (I actually
>> tried it out using the power-only socket on a powered hub) - is this
>> rectangle printed on the box:
>>
>> Minimum system requirements
>> o PC and Macintosh platforms
>> o 32 MB of system RAM
>> o 100 MB available hard disk space

Not really. I have one of these and you really need 240 MB for it to
work well.

>> o One available USB 2.0 port
>>
>> I like to _hope_ there's someone with a sense of humour involved, though
>> I fear it's really just a communications breakdown within the (probably
>> Chinese) manufacturer. [Oh, there's no software control - it isn't at
>> all fancy!]
>
>Ah, shoot... I have a Windows 95B laptop from 1997 that came from the
>factory with a single USB port, but it might only have 24 megs of RAM...
>lol (then again, it wouldn't be USB 2.0 either).

You're way out of luck.