Re: Adding new fonts for MS Word

Marco Moock

Jun 10, 2022, 5:50:12 AM6/10/22
Am Freitag, 10. Juni 2022, um 11:12:49 Uhr schrieb Steve Hayes:

> I downloaded it, but how do I install it so that MS Word can use it?
>
> I;m using Word 97 with Windows XP-Professional

https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/office/add-a-font-b7c5f17c-4426-4b53-967f-455339c564c1

"All fonts are stored in the C:\Windows\Fonts folder. You can also add
fonts by simply dragging font files from the extracted files folder
into this folder. Windows will automatically install them. If you want
to see what a font looks like, open the Fonts folder, right-click the
font file, and then click Preview."

Maybe that also applies to Windows XP, I don't have a Windows system to
test it.

Ralph Fox

Jun 10, 2022, 5:56:28 AM6/10/22
On Fri, 10 Jun 2022 11:12:49 +0200, Steve Hayes wrote:

> Someone asked me to write a document in Calabri font
>
> I downloaded it, but how do I install it so that MS Word can use it?
>
> I;m using Word 97 with Windows XP-Professional

Control Panel >> Fonts
The 'Fonts' window's 'File' menu has 'Install New Font...'.

--
Kind regards
Ralph

ζητεῖτε καὶ εὑρήσετε

Mayayana

Jun 10, 2022, 7:36:53 AM6/10/22
"Steve Hayes" <haye...@telkomsa.net> wrote

| I downloaded it, but how do I install it so that MS Word can use it?

As Ralph said. However, you don't actually need to go to
Control Panel. C:\Windows\Fonts can be opened like a normal
folder and Install New Fonts is on the File menu. The dialogue
window will ask you to point to the folder with new fonts. You
can install as many as you like at one time. Windows will figure
it out. But if you have a folder full of fonts that are already
installed you'll have to answer a messagebox for each one:
"This font is already installed."

I've found that on XP, for unknown reasons, occasionally Windows
loses a lot of fonts. So I keep backups.

Sjouke Burry

Jun 10, 2022, 4:48:33 PM6/10/22
Double-click the font file. (XP PRO)