Re: Is Avast Safe or Not? Detailed Review by Expert

J. P. Gilliver (John)

Aug 1, 2021, 11:45:20 PM8/1/21
On Sun, 1 Aug 2021 at 21:56:27, c...@mit.net wrote (my responses usually
follow points raised):
>https://www.connectivasystems.com/is-avast-safe/
>
>Article excerpts:

Article date? (Shouldn't be _too_ hard to find.)
[]
>Our Conclusion
>
>After going through all these aspects, we can conclude that the answer
>to the question “Is Avast Safe?” is Yes. Avast is safe but only when
>you have the Premium version of the antivirus. The free version comes
[]
Article sponsor? (Harder to find. If in a magazine, what advertisements
does it carry?)

An "Ex-spurt" is of course "a former drip under pressure" (-:

"Bother,"saidPoohwhenhisspacebarrefusedtowork.

Paul

Aug 2, 2021, 1:22:50 AM8/2/21
c...@mit.net wrote:
> On Mon, 2 Aug 2021 04:43:00 +0100, "J. P. Gilliver (John)"
> <G6...@255soft.uk> wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 1 Aug 2021 at 21:56:27, c...@mit.net wrote (my responses usually
>> follow points raised):
>>> https://www.connectivasystems.com/is-avast-safe/
>>>
>>> Article excerpts:
>> Article date? (Shouldn't be _too_ hard to find.)
>
> It's right at the top of the page next to the author's name, jerk.

"Avast Antivirus provides excellent real-time threat protection
against viruses and other malware.

The virus definitions are regularly updated to stay aware of the
new threats.

However, the free version only offers a mediocre level of protection. <===

If you are a regular user or a business owner, I’d recommend using
the Premium Edition of Avast to stay protected against all kinds
of threats. From this, you can conclude that Avast is safe for
threat protection only when you have the paid version."

*******

He drops a pooper like that, without expanding and justifying
such a claim ?

What's his specialty again ? Bachelors Degree in Marketing ?

*******

OK

"Connectiva ! Media Marketing Website Developer
www.connectivasystems.tech

The marketing concept is the philosophy that firms should analyze the
needs of their customers and then make decisions to satisfy those needs"

Indeed, it's how money talks, without moving its lips.

Paul

Mayayana

Aug 2, 2021, 8:35:00 AM8/2/21
"J. P. Gilliver (John)" <G6...@255soft.uk> wrote

| Article sponsor? (Harder to find. If in a magazine, what advertisements
| does it carry?)

This guy came out of nowhere last week to sell Chinese
software. He's just posting the same nonsense over and
over.

Oddly, the Toolwiz website actually admits they're Chinese.
A government dedicated to dishonesty, duplicitousness, and
invasion of other countries... a government that won't allow
an independently run company**... nevertheless admits to who they
are on their website... and then they want you to install their stuff.
Most of their products are actually for Android. Chinese phone
apps. What could go wrong?

** Just ask Timmy Cook, who was required to let the Chinese
gov't control personal data for Chinese customers... not that Cook
minds selling out his customers, as long as Apple's making more
money. I expect he probably defends it as "respecting foreign
cultures". After all, who doesn't love diversity? :)

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/05/17/technology/apple-china-censorship-data.html

(If you can't load the link, disable script and try again.)

J. P. Gilliver (John)

Aug 2, 2021, 1:35:55 PM8/2/21
On Mon, 2 Aug 2021 at 01:22:45, Paul <nos...@needed.invalid> wrote (my
>c...@mit.net wrote:
>> On Mon, 2 Aug 2021 04:43:00 +0100, "J. P. Gilliver (John)"
>> <G6...@255soft.uk> wrote:
>>
>>> On Sun, 1 Aug 2021 at 21:56:27, c...@mit.net wrote (my responses
>>>usually follow points raised):

[URL deleted]

>>> Article date? (Shouldn't be _too_ hard to find.)
>> It's right at the top of the page next to the author's name, jerk.

Over 15 months old.

(If you cite an article in a post here, unless it's _very_ recent [say a
week or two], you should give the date in your post, not expect people
to load it to find out. Certainly when something like an AV suite is
being discussed, 15 months renders it pretty irrelevant; the company
could easily have been bought twice in that time, so its product have
improved or deteriorated out of all recognition.)
[]
>He drops a pooper like that, without expanding and justifying
>such a claim ?
>
>What's his specialty again ? Bachelors Degree in Marketing ?

What I thought.
[]

There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.
CALVIN AND HOBBES, according to a @qikipedia tweet 2019-9-9.