Re: How Do You Get Ransomware? 5 Main Sources in 2019

R.Wieser

Aug 5, 2021, 3:55:22 AM8/5/21
Mark,

> How Do You Get Ransomware: Key Points

Why are you posting this into an XP newsgroup ?

Most all of that article is, at least to me, ancient (years old) news. As
such I don't think that many here 1) are not aware of it and 2) have not
taken their own precautions.

Also, that article is rather obviously aimed at companies. Somehow I don't
think you will find many, if at all, of them still here.

Regards,
Rudy Wieser

P.s.
The way you are posting looks quite similar to a bloke named c...@mit.net. A
friend of yours ?

JJ

Aug 5, 2021, 7:55:11 AM8/5/21
On Wed, 04 Aug 2021 21:47:54 -0500, ma...@invalid.com wrote:
[snip]

> How Do You Get Ransomware: Key Points
>
> So, where do you get ransomware from? There are five main ransomware
> infection methods threat actors use to inject ransomware on your
> computer.
>
> Many of these attacks prey upon human nature by using social
> engineering tactics to trick a user into inadvertently allowing
> ransomware onto their system, under the guise of something legitimate.
>
> Let’s examine the following ways more closely:
>
> Ransomware via phishing emails
> Ransomware via exploit kits
> Ransomware via malicious apps and extensions
> Ransomware via infected executables

These kind of sources are done in random or gamble, and are preventable. As
long as people aren't educating themselves on how to protect themselves by
their own instead of relying on anti viruses, there would always be malwares
victims.

> Ransomware via brute force attacks

This one is different than the other sources, and have a relatively high
chance of success. But it can be applicable _only_ if the attackers already
have a fixed target. The target would either be one of an already well known
company's computers, which is relatively easy to find. Or a household/common
user, whom attackers have a grudge on. So, if one's work involve making
enemies, or if the user is a type of person which tend to piss people off,
the chances of being targeted by attackers is high.