OT game : "the saboteur" (sean devlin) LUA modding - still have some of it ?

R.Wieser

Aug 23, 2022, 2:29:05 PM8/23/22
Hello all,

A number of years ago I bought the game "The Saboteur" (for the PC), with
the main character "Sean Devlin" running around in a WW2 France, blowing up
stuff.

At some point I extracted the LUA files and started to modify the
"saboteur.lua" one. Over time I made a number of changes, but are still
wondering what and how others made theirs.

I found some info about a guy named "JoeCool" who posted that he was trying
to do :

--Identify code for controlling bicycle/zeppelins --Doesn't exist, must be
created.
--Alternatively create ability to control bicycle and zeppelin. (Likely
impossible via Lua)
--Create code for flying planes/jets (likely impossible via Lua)
--Noclip/Flying
--Identify button inputs for keyboard
--Make characters drive around down in their vehicles, such as Skylar
driving the Drake around town

(never seen any reference to a bycicle)

I've never been able to find any results. :-(

While googeling I found some more stuff, but alas, /very/ little about LUA
script changes.

Personally I've been able to read the keyboard using LUA, which allows me to
do all kinds of stuff. Like making Sean "fly" to wherever I want. It
allowed me to look over the maps bottom an top borders, which shows an
unused tunnel and a partial big rocket emplacement repectivily.

Today I was able to finish a (very) basic "Skylar driving the Drake around
town" bit of code, as well as some code in which she drove sean around
sight-seeing (both just another car in traffic, making random turns).

tl;dr:
Does anyone remember "sean devlin" and stil has some LUA modding stuff ?

Regards,
Rudy Wieser