Re: Lenovo ThinkPad Won't Boot Into Windows 7

1 view

Paul

Jul 30, 2022, 7:13:34 AM7/30/22
On 7/30/2022 3:48 AM, car...@invalidated.com wrote:
> On Sat, 30 Jul 2022 02:47:46 -0500, car...@invalidated.com wrote:
>
>> My wife has a Lenovo laptop which is about 15 years old.
>>

> Sorry, wrong group.

So the disk is worn out, and you never made a *full* backup ?

You need such backups, any time you lose a HDD, and need
to spin up a new HDD in its place.

I would slave up the HDD out of the laptop, to your
technician machine, and have a look at what partitions
are there and so on.

It probably has an MBR if the repair is coming up.
I don't think the entire disk is toast. But I
also don't feel you're out of the woods either.

Discovery is the next step.

Paul