Rotate single page in a PDF document

lenny

Aug 14, 2008, 6:11:42 AM8/14/08
I have a 4 page PDF document but would like to rotate one of the pages only
(for the printing process) but can't seem to do this in Acrobat Reader. Is
there any other free program that will allow this?

Mick Murphy

Aug 14, 2008, 6:29:00 AM8/14/08
In Reader where you have Fit Page, Fit Width, Zoom Out- 100% -Zoom
In>THEN>rotate clockwise, or rotate ant-clockwise> Help

In the toolbar across the top.
--
Mick Murphy - Qld - Australia

lenny

Aug 14, 2008, 6:33:13 AM8/14/08
That only rotates all on the pages in the document. I want to rotate just
one but leave the others.

"Mick Murphy" <MickM...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Mick Murphy

Aug 14, 2008, 6:50:00 AM8/14/08
Print the pages out singly.
But, the one you want to rotate, do in the printer's page setup.
Have it do landscape instead of portrait.

lenny

Aug 14, 2008, 7:02:45 AM8/14/08
Good try. The reason behind the problem is that we have to pay per page
through the printer and we already have the 4 page (double sided A4 folded)
brochure produced as a PDF. One of the sides needs to be rotated before the
printing so that we only have to have the paper go through twice, thus
saving a lot of money over time.

"Mick Murphy" <MickM...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Jim Dell

Aug 14, 2008, 7:37:09 AM8/14/08
Lenny,
Here's how I would do it
1) Generate 4 individual PDF pages with the proper rotation
2) Use PDFedit to combine the 4 PDF files into one. (It will cost you
$19.95 I think for the program.

Jim

lenny

Aug 14, 2008, 7:46:26 AM8/14/08
thanks jim. The 4 page brochure is produced elsewhere using a seperate
software out of our control. It appears as 4 X A5 pages. We want to rotate
one of those pages.

"Jim Dell" <James...@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message

Stephen Harris

Aug 14, 2008, 11:07:09 AM8/14/08
lenny wrote:
> thanks jim. The 4 page brochure is produced elsewhere using a seperate
> software out of our control. It appears as 4 X A5 pages. We want to rotate
> one of those pages.
>
> "Jim Dell" <James...@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
>> lenny wrote:
>>> Good try. The reason behind the problem is that we have to pay per page
>>> through the printer and we already have the 4 page (double sided A4
>>> folded) brochure produced as a PDF. One of the sides needs to be rotated
>>> before the printing so that we only have to have the paper go through
>>> twice, thus saving a lot of money over time.

I don't think there are free programs to take a .pdf file and
modify it and also there is the matter of the prior doc permissions.

You can rotate the page counterclockwise but that is not the same
as creating a document that has text running from top to bottom
but on its side. I mean the rotation will print out sideways but
you will cock your neck to read it. Not like how you read this text.

Foxit for instance has a snapshot taker, which after you rotated
that page, you could capture, though I would try it with a free
screen capture utility. Save all the pages as image files captured
from the pdf document pages. Reduce each image (page) by 75% or so
and then paste them in order into Word, or maybe make a webpage.
You could screen capture the four separate images into one combined
image, at this point. There are several free image manipulators.

Word has a free pdf converter for dl in which you could save a .doc(x)
file consisting of images as a pdf file. If for some reason it
matters whether one prints out the page from one program or another.

So the solution doc either costs (passworded?) or is labor intensive.

Patrick Keenan

Aug 14, 2008, 3:02:13 PM8/14/08

"lenny" <le...@thetakeout.com> wrote in message

This really has nothing to do with XP.

You need to use a program like Acrobat *Writer*, which is not free, or some
other software that can actually create PDF files. I haven't used it but
PDF Xchange may do what you need at a much lower price. They do have a
demo version.

HTH
-pk

lenny

Aug 15, 2008, 1:45:07 PM8/15/08
PDF Xchange looks like it is perfect for the job and only $20. I don't mind
paying for a program but just thought that Adobe Acrobat Pro was a little
expensive to rotate a page.
Thanks for the advice.

"Patrick Keenan" <te...@dev.null> wrote in message

undisclosed

Sep 3, 2009, 12:08:08 PM9/3/09

I need to do the same thing Lenny. I downloaded PDF XCHange, but I
still don't see where I can just rotate one page in the file. Can you
tell me how?

--
lynn63

Bob I

Sep 3, 2009, 12:18:19 PM9/3/09
Lenny left over a year ago. Perhaps you could review how to use the
features of this software by clicking Help on the menu.

olfart

Sep 3, 2009, 2:19:56 PM9/3/09

<undisclosed> wrote in message

Foxit Reader will dothat....and it's free
http://www.foxitsoftware.com/downloads/index.php

marshur

Sep 3, 2009, 5:06:01 PM9/3/09
Thanks, I downloaded Foxit Reader, but when I try to rotate, it rotates all
of the pages in the document. Could you tell me how to just rotate one page
in the doc?

undisclosed

Sep 3, 2009, 5:05:58 PM9/3/09

I downloaded Foxit Reader, and it still rotates all of the pages in the
document. Could you tell me the way to just rotate one page in the doc.
I checked help first.

Thanks

--
lynn63

olfart

Sep 3, 2009, 5:49:39 PM9/3/09

<undisclosed> wrote in message

sorry I screwed up. It doesn't rotate just ONE page

Andrew McLaren

Sep 3, 2009, 8:37:23 PM9/3/09
undisclosed wrote:
> I downloaded Foxit Reader, and it still rotates all of the pages in the
> document. Could you tell me the way to just rotate one page in the doc.
> I checked help first.

You're sort of asking in the wrong place; because Windows does not have
*any* built-in facilities to view or edit PDF files, and the PDF format
was created by Adobe, not Microsoft. Microsoft have their own
alternative document format called XPS, although it isn't very common.

However, to try and be helpful :-) ... what you need is a PDF Editor.
That is, a program which will let you edit (ie, change and modify) a PDF
document, as well as view them. Foxit have an app called Foxit PDF
Editor; which can do the job, but it costs US$99 - a fair bit to pay if
you only want to change a single page.

"Bluebeam PDF Revu" is another program which you can use to edit PDF
files. It costs US$149 to buy - but they do provide a free 30 day
trial, with all features enabled:

http://www.bluebeam.com/web07/us/downloads/standard/

There are a few other PDF editors out there as well, if you can find a
free trial you may be set. Or if you will be editing PDF files on a
regular basis, you might decide to just buy a PDF Editor application.

The grand-daddy of PDF editors is Adobe Acrobat, this can do anything to
a PDF. However it is a very large, expensive and complex application, if
you just want to make a minor tweak.

Hope this helps,

Andrew
--
amclar at optusnet dot com dot au

Jim

Sep 4, 2009, 11:34:15 AM9/4/09

View , rotate .

David

Sep 4, 2009, 12:28:34 PM9/4/09
If you are handy with a programming environment, take a look at pdftk
(sorry, I don't have a link). You can seperate your PDF into pages, take
images, read text, do whatever you want with a page then put it all back
together again.

Alternatively, look at itextsharp. (this is for .net developers) However, I
don't know the full capabilities of this. I just use it to combine multiple
PDFs into one.

--
Best regards,
Dave Colliver.

Anthony Buckland

Sep 4, 2009, 8:10:24 PM9/4/09
I went looking on the net, and found something called
Nitro PDF Professional that claims to have two rotating
capabilities:

- 1 - Temporarily rotate all the pages by rotating the view
- 2 - Permanently rotate various selections of pages

I leave it as an exercise for the student to investigate
further and find out whether this is a good piece of
software, how much it costs (the word "professional"
usually implies extra money), how dependable it is,
and whether it truly does what the original poster wants.

http://www.nitropdf.com/professional/support/manual/rotate_pdf_pages.htm

Josh Gagnon

Oct 6, 2009, 11:41:02 AM10/6/09
Just upload your document to https://www.docq.com - it has a lot of
different PDF page management functions for free - including delete page and
rotate page

Bill Sharpe

Oct 6, 2009, 5:24:26 PM10/6/09
You can rotate pages using pdftk(PDF ToolKit), which also includes a lot
of other ways to manipulate your pdf's. Search Google for this freeware,
but be sure you get the Windows version.

Bill

vand...@gmail.com

Dec 3, 2013, 9:50:38 PM12/3/13
You can also just open it in Preview and do it there.

down4m...@gmail.com

Apr 16, 2014, 5:52:18 PM4/16/14

cas...@home.com

Apr 16, 2014, 5:10:09 PM4/16/14
PDF Xchange will do it. Go to the page you want, select Rotate. TYou
can select the whole document or a single page. If you dont want that
page saved in it's rotated form, DO NOT save it when exiting.
http://www.pdfxviewer.com/

heino...@gmail.com

May 6, 2016, 4:14:13 AM5/6/16
Bill Sharpe於 2009年10月7日星期三 UTC+8上午5時24分26秒寫道:
pdftk builder works perfect
http://angusj.com/pdftkb/

lorr...@gmail.com

Jul 8, 2016, 2:41:03 AM7/8/16
在 2008年8月14日星期四 UTC+8下午6:11:42,lenny写道:
> Hi,
> I have a 4 page PDF document but would like to rotate one of the pages only
> (for the printing process) but can't seem to do this in Acrobat Reader. Is
> there any other free program that will allow this?

Questions on how to rotate a page in pdf and save it is expected to relate to programming within the rasteredge page. Consider pdf rotate single page and save leaving comments for improvement can be answered on rasteredge page http://www.rasteredge.com/how-to/csharp-imaging/pdf-rotate/.

eleon...@gmail.com

Oct 16, 2017, 8:06:38 PM10/16/17
On Thursday, August 14, 2008 at 11:11:42 AM UTC+1, lenny wrote:
> Hi,
> I have a 4 page PDF document but would like to rotate one of the pages only
> (for the printing process) but can't seem to do this in Acrobat Reader. Is
> there any other free program that will allow this?

Libre Office Draw can do it. Just make sure to use lossless when exporting to PDF to avoid stretching.