Update

des27

Nov 12, 2008, 10:08:06 AM11/12/08
My hard disk crashed and had to reinstall XP Pro. Since then Windows update
has not had any updates for the month of Oct. & Nov. When I run update it
finds nothing. I installed the new Windows update software and still nothing.
My other machine has had mmany updates since then. Any suggestions?

Engel

Nov 12, 2008, 1:55:01 PM11/12/08
Hello des27,

Test this WGA diagnose test, connection to MS, that scripts working.
http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/diag/

Reboot
-=-

Go ahead and download Dial-ª-Fix.
<http://wiki.djlizard.net/Dial-a-fix>
Scroll down about 2/3 of the way to Download Dial-ª-fix
Click the Double green checkmark and click Go.

Reboot

Try the
<http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/>
and D/L your updates
-=-

For the benefit of the community reading this post, please rate the pºst.

I hope this post is helpful.

Let us know how it works ºut.

Ǝиçεl
-=-

TaurArian

Nov 12, 2008, 3:31:25 PM11/12/08
Try the Automatic Updates and WindowsUpdate Reset tool
http://www.codeplex.com/aureset

or

How to troubleshoot common Windows Update, Microsoft Update, and Windows
Server Update Services installation issues
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/906602

or

Check the Update log in Windows:-

Click Start, and then click Run.
In the Open box, type: %windir%\windowsupdate.log
and then click OK.

Scroll down towards the bottom for the latest entries to locate the error
code(s) associated with the latest failed attempt to download/install. If
appropriate copy and paste the error codes into this thread so someone may
be able to assist you. On the other hand, you may be able to find the error
code and other suggestions by searching the Newsgroup.

Also check Windows folder for file called KB******.log (****** = number of
update ie KB896688) and post the contents of the failed update.
This may provide further clues as to why the update failed.

How to read the Windowsupdate.log file:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/902093

--

TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2009 - Update Services
http://taurarian.mvps.org

"des27" <de...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

des27

Nov 13, 2008, 11:53:02 AM11/13/08

"des27" wrote:

Neither of the responses worked. WGA was OK - Dial-a-fix stopped when it was
checking criptographic?? The same with (aureset) I will now look for the log
and see if I can post the log error. Log error (0X80029C4A) many times. Hope
this works.
Thanks

MowGreen [MVP]

Nov 13, 2008, 4:15:00 PM11/13/08
0X80029C4A TYPE_E_CANTLOADLIBRARY
Error loading type library/DLL.

This was a *clean* installation or a Repair Install of XP ?
Is there an antivirus/security suite installed and, if so, what is it ?

First step, open the Services console and check to see if Cryptographic
Services is Disabled on startup.
[Start > Run > type in services.msc , click OK]
Double left click Cryptographic Services to see if it's Disabled next to
Startup type. Set the startup type to Automatic if it had been Disabled.
If it's not Disabled, read on ...

Boot to Safe Mode:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315222

Show hidden files, folders, and system files:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/tutorial62.html#winxp

Open a Command Prompt [Start > Run > type in cmd, click OK]
At the prompt type in or copy&paste the following after the prompt and
then press Enter

ren %systemroot%\System32\Catroot2 oldcatroot2
exit

Using Windows Explorer, navigate to the following subfolder:
WINDOWS\ystem32\CatRoot\{F750E6C3-38EE-11D1-85E5-00C04FC295EE}

Once in the {F750E6C3-38EE-11D1-85E5-00C04FC295EE} subfolder, look for
all files that *start* with tmp. IF any exist, move them to the Recycle
Bin for now.

*** DO NOT move any files to the Recycle Bin that do NOT start with
tmp ***

Restart the system and then do Method 4: Reregister DLL files that are
associated with Cryptographic Services, here-
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822798/

Restart the system and see if it can update now.

MowGreen [MVP 2003-2009]
===============
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
===============

des27

Nov 14, 2008, 3:18:12 PM11/14/08
1 It was a clean installation.
2 The Criptographics was running in automatic
3 I rename the catroot32 to old catroot32
4 There were no temp files on{F750E6C3-38EE-11D1-85E5-00C04FC295EE}
5 All reg were successful
Still no updates after reboot.
I got error 0x800B0001
Checked it out and registered all the new .dll except one
wuweb.dll,atl.dll did not work.
Still no updates.
What next?
Thanks

PA Bear [MS MVP]

Nov 14, 2008, 6:11:03 PM11/14/08
Repost:

Update, or by using Automatic Updates after you perform a new Windows XP
installation or you repair a Windows XP installation
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943144
--
~PA Bear

des27

Nov 15, 2008, 6:36:01 AM11/15/08
I have done all the steps suggested and still cannot get any updates. Should
I reformat the hard drive and do a clean install?

TaurArian

Nov 15, 2008, 7:09:00 AM11/15/08
What's the point, you've already done a clean install and you can't update.
Will that change if you do it again?

FYI -

Error code when you try to use Windows Update or Microsoft Update to install
updates: "0x800B0001"
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/958045

See also:

You cannot install some updates or programs
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822798/

When searching for available updates on the Update site, you receive the
0x800B0001 error.
http://update.microsoft.com/windowsupdate/v6/showarticle.aspx?articleid=34&ln=en&IsMu=False

--

TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2009 - Update Services
http://taurarian.mvps.org
======================================
guarantees and doesn't give any rights.

"des27" <de...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

PA Bear [MS MVP]

Nov 15, 2008, 4:26:26 PM11/15/08
What TaurArian said.

Repost:

>>> This was a *clean* installation or a Repair Install of XP ?
>>> Is there an antivirus/security suite installed and, if so, what is it ?

Before You Connect a New Computer to the Internet
(you have the equivalent of a "new computer" after a Repair Install and a
Clean Install)
http://www.cert.org/tech_tips/before_you_plug_in.html

des27

Nov 15, 2008, 7:04:01 PM11/15/08
This was a clean installation.
Firewall (Wireless router WPA2) and Zone Alarm Security Suite 8.0.059
AVG Antivirus 8.0.199
The way I discovered that it was not wworking was because when I got the
computer back it downloaded Office 2007 Security stuff. I don't have Office
2007, but 2003. Then when I update my other computer (desktop), the laptop
would not find any updates for October and November.

PA Bear [MS MVP]

Nov 15, 2008, 7:25:00 PM11/15/08
> The way I discovered that it was not wworking was because when I got the
> computer back it downloaded Office 2007 Security stuff. I don't have
> Office
> 2007, but 2003.

If you have Office 2007 Compatibility Pack (SP1) installed, that's why you
were offered the "Office 2007 Security stuff."

> Firewall (Wireless router WPA2) and Zone Alarm Security Suite 8.0.059
> AVG Antivirus 8.0.199

1a. If you've purchased ZASS, uninstall AVG 8 via Add/Remove Programs and
reboot.

1b. If you've not purchased ZASS, uninstall ZASS via Add/Remove Programs and
reboot.

2. Make certain that Automatic Updates is enabled. If you enable it,
reboot, and then find it's disabled again, tell us.

3a. Test by going to http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com,

3b. Does the link in #3a above take you to Windows Update or Microsoft
Update?

des27

Nov 16, 2008, 8:26:03 AM11/16/08
I uninstalled AVG 8 - rebooted - Automatic Updates was enabled(already) -
rebooted and tried to update - No updates.
Went to http://windowsupdate.microsoft and was directed to
http://update.microsoft.com/microsoftupdate.v6/default.aspx?ln=en-us

PA Bear [MS MVP]

Nov 16, 2008, 1:13:57 PM11/16/08
> rebooted and tried to update - No updates.

1. What does "no updates" mean? Were you able to reach Microsoft Update and
scan for updates but no updates were offered?

2. Right-click on My Computer and select Properties: What Windows version is
displayed on the General tab?

3. Are you running IE6 or IE7?

4. Open Add/Remove Programs | Make sure the Show Updates option (top right)
is checked | Scroll down: Are there any "Security Update for Windows XP
(KB999999)" listed? If so, what's the KB numbers associated with the five
(5) most-recently installed of these updates?

5a. What media (e.g., CDs) did you use to do the clean install of WinXP Pro
and where did you obtain it?

5b. If you used the CDs that came with your machine or used the hidden
Recovery partition to reinstall Windows, did the reinstall include a
free-trial version of any Norton or McAfee software? If so, is this
software still installed?
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net

des27

Nov 16, 2008, 3:42:01 PM11/16/08
I am able to reach Microsoft Update and when I scan for updates none are
offered.
XP Pro V. 2002 Service Pack 3, v 5657
IE7 v. 70.5730. 13
CD was used.
No Norton or McAfee software is or was installed.
The following updates are installed by me(manually)directly from the site on
11/08.
KB 952954
KB 954211
KB 953155
KB 959252

PA Bear [MS MVP]

Nov 16, 2008, 7:23:20 PM11/16/08
>> 5a. What media (e.g., CDs) did you use to do the clean install of WinXP
>> Pro
>> and where did you obtain it?
> CD was used.

Did the CD you used come with that specific machine?

Did you install WinXP SP3 and IE7 manually, too, or were one or both
installed via Windows Update (website) or Automatic Updates?

When did you installed WinXP SP3, was ZASS and/or AVG AV running in the
background?

Please confirm that you've tried both Method #1 and Method #2 in
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943144.

des27

Nov 16, 2008, 8:17:00 PM11/16/08
I guess you must sleep by the computer.
The media was the CD that came with the computer.
The SP3 and IE 7 were installed from the web (automatic updates)
Zass & AVG were not installed them. They were installed afterwards.
I have tried bothe Method #1 & #2
I guess I will try to install all the updates from the site you mentioned
943144, of course I will have to go by dates 11/11/08

PA Bear [MS MVP]

Nov 17, 2008, 2:40:36 AM11/17/08
> The SP3 and IE 7 were installed from the web (automatic updates)
> Zass & AVG were not installed them.

Was no anti-virus application at all installed when you installed SP3 and
IE7?

Which was installed first, SP3 or IE7?

When did you install SP3 (approximate date)?

PA Bear [MS MVP]

Nov 17, 2008, 3:01:31 AM11/17/08
PS: Your IE7 issue is directly related to the cause of your Windows Updates
issues, des27!

cf.
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general/browse_frm/thread/6b6e948d16e2e8aa?hl=en

des27

Nov 17, 2008, 6:49:00 AM11/17/08
The IE 7 first, the SP3
The date was 9/6/08.
The issue with IE 7 was caused by Windows Search 4. When uninstalled it the
issue was resolved.

PA Bear [MS MVP]

Nov 17, 2008, 5:20:49 PM11/17/08
OK...

des27

Nov 19, 2008, 9:00:05 AM11/19/08
If I switch to Vista will the problem with Update gets corrected or will it
be the same?

PA Bear [MS MVP]

Nov 19, 2008, 12:00:49 PM11/19/08
Does the Windows Update issue persist? I was under the impression that you
fixed it by getting rid of Windows Search.

If by "switch to Vista" you mean upgrade to Vista, I wouldn't recommend
doing so with the machine in its current state. If you do a format & clean
install of WinXP first, OK...but then that should resolve the problem
anyway.

des27

Nov 19, 2008, 12:55:01 PM11/19/08
It still persists. What getting rid of windows search fixed, was IE 7 taking
forever to load.

des27

Nov 19, 2008, 10:53:01 PM11/19/08
I just finish a clean install of XP and 100 windows updates were installed.
Didn't install SP 3 or IE 7.
Which do I install first?
Thanks

TaurArian

Nov 20, 2008, 2:02:24 AM11/20/08
SP3.

Why - see:
IE and Windows XP Service Pack 3
http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/2008/05/05/ie-and-xpsp3.aspx

FYI -
Release notes for Windows XP Service Pack 3
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936929

The hard disk space requirements for Windows XP Service Pack 3
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947311

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/950717

Some third-party programs may experience a change in functionality after you
install Windows XP Service Pack 3
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947309

How to obtain the latest Windows XP service pack
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322389

Windows XP Service Pack 3 - ISO-9660 CD Image File:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=2FCDE6CE-B5FB-4488-8C50-FE22559D164E&displaylang=en

Windows XP Service Pack 3 Network Installation Package for IT Professionals
and Developers (Single installations for PCs can use the same file)
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=5B33B5A8-5E76-401F-BE08-1E1555D4F3D4&displaylang=en

--

TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2009 - Update Services
http://taurarian.mvps.org
======================================
guarantees and doesn't give any rights.

"des27" <de...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

PA Bear [MS MVP]

Nov 20, 2008, 3:16:24 AM11/20/08
I would strongly recommend installing WinXP SP3 first. See
http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/2008/05/05/ie-and-xpsp3.aspx

Required reading IMHO before installing IE7:

Sandi's Installation Tips <= Steps #1-8, #10 & #11; take note of #12, then
STOP!
(ignore any references to Vista)

And I strongly recommend using
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/downloads/ie/getitnow.mspx as the

Alternately, use this Direct Download link:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=9ae91ebe-3385-447c-8a30-081805b2f90b

Tip: Save the installer to your desktop, do not Run it.

Make *certain* that you check in at Windows Update immediately after
installing IE7 and install any critical updates offered. If Optional
Updates category offers Root Certificates update, I recommend installing it
to take full advantage of IE7's additional security.

IEBlog : IE7 Installation and Anti-Malware Applications
http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/2006/10/11/IE7-Installation-and-Anti_2D00_Malware-Applications.aspx

What's New in Internet Explorer 7

Release Notes
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/aa740486.aspx

--

des27 wrote:
> I just finish a clean install of XP and 100 windows updates were
> installed.
> Didn't install SP 3 or IE 7.
> Which do I install first?
> Thanks

<SNIP>

des27

Nov 20, 2008, 4:41:01 PM11/20/08
I did a clean install and followed your instructions and everything is
working perfect. I guess I should forget about IE 7, so I don't get into
anymore trouble.
For my other computer is there a way to remove IE 7?
Thanks for everything.

PA Bear [MS MVP]

Nov 20, 2008, 6:51:31 PM11/20/08
I would strongly recommend installing IE7: Its enhanced security has no
comparison in IE6.

> For my other computer is there a way to remove IE 7?

Please begin a new thread about the other computer & removing IE7 in IE
General newsgroup:
--
~PA Bear

youssefmoutataoui

Apr 8, 2010, 9:31:56 AM4/8/10
sandkqsghbgchn,b

des2 wrote:

I am able to reach Microsoft Update and when I scan for updates none are

16-Nov-08

I am able to reach Microsoft Update and when I scan for updates none are
offered.
XP Pro V. 2002 Service Pack 3, v 5657
IE7 v. 70.5730. 13
CD was used.
No Norton or McAfee software is or was installed.
The following updates are installed by me(manually)directly from the site on
11/08.
KB 952954
KB 954211
KB 953155
KB 959252

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

On Wednesday, November 12, 2008 10:08 AM
des2 wrote:

Update

My hard disk crashed and had to reinstall XP Pro. Since then Windows update
has not had any updates for the month of Oct. & Nov. When I run update it
finds nothing. I installed the new Windows update software and still nothing.
My other machine has had mmany updates since then. Any suggestions?

On Wednesday, November 12, 2008 1:55 PM
Enge wrote:

Hello des27,Test this WGA diagnose test, connection to MS, that scripts
Hello des27,

Test this WGA diagnose test, connection to MS, that scripts working.
http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/diag/

Reboot
-=-

Go ahead and download Dial-??-Fix.
<http://wiki.djlizard.net/Dial-a-fix>
Scroll down about 2/3 of the way to Download Dial-??-fix
Click the Double green checkmark and click Go.

Reboot

Try the
<http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/>
and D/L your updates
-=-

For the benefit of the community reading this post, please rate the p??st.

I hope this post is helpful.

Let us know how it works ??ut.

????????l
-=-

"des27" wrote:

On Wednesday, November 12, 2008 3:31 PM
TaurArian wrote:

Re: Update
[...]

On Thursday, November 13, 2008 11:53 AM
des2 wrote:

RE: Update
"des27" wrote:

Neither of the responses worked. WGA was OK - Dial-a-fix stopped when it was
checking criptographic?? The same with (aureset) I will now look for the log
and see if I can post the log error. Log error (0X80029C4A) many times. Hope
this works.
Thanks

On Thursday, November 13, 2008 4:15 PM
MowGreen [MVP] wrote:

0X80029C4A TYPE_E_CANTLOADLIBRARYError loading type library/DLL.

MowGreen [MVP 2003-2009]
===============
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
===============

des27 wrote:

On Friday, November 14, 2008 3:18 PM
des2 wrote:

1 It was a clean installation.
1 It was a clean installation.
2 The Criptographics was running in automatic
3 I rename the catroot32 to old catroot32
4 There were no temp files on{F750E6C3-38EE-11D1-85E5-00C04FC295EE}
5 All reg were successful
Still no updates after reboot.
I got error 0x800B0001
Checked it out and registered all the new .dll except one
wuweb.dll,atl.dll did not work.
Still no updates.
What next?
Thanks

"MowGreen [MVP]" wrote:

On Friday, November 14, 2008 6:11 PM

PA Bear [MS MVP] wrote:

Re: Update
Repost:

Update, or by using Automatic Updates after you perform a new Windows XP
installation or you repair a Windows XP installation
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943144

--
~PA Bear

des27 wrote:

On Saturday, November 15, 2008 6:36 AM
des2 wrote:

I have done all the steps suggested and still cannot get any updates.
I have done all the steps suggested and still cannot get any updates. Should
I reformat the hard drive and do a clean install?

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

On Saturday, November 15, 2008 7:09 AM
TaurArian wrote:

[...]

On Saturday, November 15, 2008 4:26 PM

PA Bear [MS MVP] wrote:

What TaurArian said.
What TaurArian said.

Repost:

Before You Connect a New Computer to the Internet
(you have the equivalent of a "new computer" after a Repair Install and a
Clean Install)
http://www.cert.org/tech_tips/before_you_plug_in.html

des27 wrote:

On Saturday, November 15, 2008 7:04 PM
des2 wrote:

This was a clean installation.
This was a clean installation.
Firewall (Wireless router WPA2) and Zone Alarm Security Suite 8.0.059
AVG Antivirus 8.0.199
The way I discovered that it was not wworking was because when I got the
computer back it downloaded Office 2007 Security stuff. I don't have Office
2007, but 2003. Then when I update my other computer (desktop), the laptop
would not find any updates for October and November.

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

On Saturday, November 15, 2008 7:25 PM

PA Bear [MS MVP] wrote:

If you have Office 2007 Compatibility Pack (SP1) installed, that's why you
If you have Office 2007 Compatibility Pack (SP1) installed, that's why you
were offered the "Office 2007 Security stuff."

1a. If you've purchased ZASS, uninstall AVG 8 via Add/Remove Programs and
reboot.

1b. If you've not purchased ZASS, uninstall ZASS via Add/Remove Programs and
reboot.

2. Make certain that Automatic Updates is enabled. If you enable it,
reboot, and then find it's disabled again, tell us.

3b. Does the link in #3a above take you to Windows Update or Microsoft
Update?
--
~PA Bear

des27 wrote:

On Sunday, November 16, 2008 8:26 AM
des2 wrote:

I uninstalled AVG 8 - rebooted - Automatic Updates was enabled(already) -
I uninstalled AVG 8 - rebooted - Automatic Updates was enabled(already) -
rebooted and tried to update - No updates.
Went to http://windowsupdate.microsoft and was directed to
http://update.microsoft.com/microsoftupdate.v6/default.aspx?ln=en-us

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

On Sunday, November 16, 2008 1:13 PM

PA Bear [MS MVP] wrote:

1. What does "no updates" mean?
[...]

des27 wrote:

On Sunday, November 16, 2008 3:42 PM
des2 wrote:

I am able to reach Microsoft Update and when I scan for updates none are
I am able to reach Microsoft Update and when I scan for updates none are
offered.
XP Pro V. 2002 Service Pack 3, v 5657
IE7 v. 70.5730. 13
CD was used.
No Norton or McAfee software is or was installed.
The following updates are installed by me(manually)directly from the site on
11/08.
KB 952954
KB 954211
KB 953155
KB 959252

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

On Sunday, November 16, 2008 7:23 PM

PA Bear [MS MVP] wrote:

Did the CD you used come with that specific machine?
Did the CD you used come with that specific machine?

Did you install WinXP SP3 and IE7 manually, too, or were one or both
installed via Windows Update (website) or Automatic Updates?

When did you installed WinXP SP3, was ZASS and/or AVG AV running in the
background?

Please confirm that you've tried both Method #1 and Method #2 in
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943144.

--
~PA Bear

des27 wrote:

On Sunday, November 16, 2008 8:17 PM
des2 wrote:

I guess you must sleep by the computer.
I guess you must sleep by the computer.
The media was the CD that came with the computer.
The SP3 and IE 7 were installed from the web (automatic updates)
Zass & AVG were not installed them. They were installed afterwards.
I have tried bothe Method #1 & #2
I guess I will try to install all the updates from the site you mentioned
943144, of course I will have to go by dates 11/11/08

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

On Monday, November 17, 2008 2:40 AM

PA Bear [MS MVP] wrote:

Was no anti-virus application at all installed when you installed SP3 and IE7?
Was no anti-virus application at all installed when you installed SP3 and
IE7?

Which was installed first, SP3 or IE7?

When did you install SP3 (approximate date)?

des27 wrote:

On Monday, November 17, 2008 3:01 AM

PA Bear [MS MVP] wrote:

Re: Update

PS: Your IE7 issue is directly related to the cause of your Windows Updates
issues, des27!

cf.
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general/browse_frm/thread/6b6e948d16e2e8aa?hl=en

--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

On Monday, November 17, 2008 6:49 AM
des2 wrote:

The IE 7 first, the SP3The date was 9/6/08.
The IE 7 first, the SP3
The date was 9/6/08.
The issue with IE 7 was caused by Windows Search 4. When uninstalled it the
issue was resolved.

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

On Monday, November 17, 2008 5:20 PM

PA Bear [MS MVP] wrote:

Re: Update
OK...

des27 wrote:

On Wednesday, November 19, 2008 9:00 AM
des2 wrote:

If I switch to Vista will the problem with Update gets corrected or will it be
If I switch to Vista will the problem with Update gets corrected or will it
be the same?

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

On Wednesday, November 19, 2008 12:00 PM

PA Bear [MS MVP] wrote:

Does the Windows Update issue persist?
Does the Windows Update issue persist? I was under the impression that you
fixed it by getting rid of Windows Search.

If by "switch to Vista" you mean upgrade to Vista, I wouldn't recommend
doing so with the machine in its current state. If you do a format & clean
install of WinXP first, OK...but then that should resolve the problem
anyway.

des27 wrote:

On Wednesday, November 19, 2008 12:55 PM
des2 wrote:

It still persists.

It still persists. What getting rid of windows search fixed, was IE 7 taking
forever to load.

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

On Wednesday, November 19, 2008 10:53 PM
des2 wrote:

I just finish a clean install of XP and 100 windows updates were installed.
I just finish a clean install of XP and 100 windows updates were installed.
Didn't install SP 3 or IE 7.
Which do I install first?
Thanks

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

On Thursday, November 20, 2008 2:02 AM
TaurArian wrote:

Re: Update
SP3.

--

On Thursday, November 20, 2008 3:16 AM

PA Bear [MS MVP] wrote:

Re: Update

[...]

des27 wrote:
<SNIP>

On Thursday, November 20, 2008 4:41 PM
des2 wrote:

I did a clean install and followed your instructions and everything is working
I did a clean install and followed your instructions and everything is
working perfect. I guess I should forget about IE 7, so I don't get into
anymore trouble.
For my other computer is there a way to remove IE 7?
Thanks for everything.

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

On Thursday, November 20, 2008 6:51 PM

PA Bear [MS MVP] wrote:

Re: Update

I would strongly recommend installing IE7: Its enhanced security has no
comparison in IE6.

Please begin a new thread about the other computer & removing IE7 in IE
General newsgroup:

--
~PA Bear

des27 wrote:

BizTalk Custom Pipeline for Splitting Messages
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/a0786aaf-c159-40ff-9cf6-241d5e325f42/biztalk-custom-pipeline-f.aspx

Peter Foldes

Apr 8, 2010, 1:26:47 PM4/8/10
A deadhead from egghead

--
Peter

MowGreen

Apr 8, 2010, 1:34:47 PM4/8/10
> On Thursday, November 20, 2008 4:41 PM

This thread started on the above date. If you are experiencing issues
updating your system, please read this and then start a *** new ***
thead. Someone *may* assist you then.
Thanks.

MowGreen
*-343-* FDNY