Nvidia Boot Agent

Entropy5

Dec 14, 2007, 10:05:00 PM12/14/07
I turned on my computer today and instead of booting normally it started
"Nvidia Boot Agent." Five minutes of this screen the computer boots.

The screen says this:

Nvidia Boot Agent 224.0523
Cliant MAC ADDR 00 16 17 44 4A 09
GUID 00020003-0004-0005-0006-000700080009
DHCP

After five minutes of this it boots. The only thing that I've changed
recently is I let automatic update download some new updates:

Secutity update for windows (KB941568)
Secutity update for windows (KB941569)
Cumulative Security Update for Windows Vista (KB942615)
Secutity update for windows (KB942624)
Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool- December 2007 (KB890830)
Update for Windows Mail Junk E-mail Filter [December 2007] (KB905866)
Secutity update for windows (KB943078)
Update for Windows Vista (KB942763)

My system specs are:

AMD Athlon 64 x2 Dual Core 4200+
Motherboard: MSI K9N Neo
2 Gigs of RAM
ATI x1650

Does anyone know how to make it book normally again?

realcestmoi

Dec 15, 2007, 7:14:53 AM12/15/07
Hi there,

Check your bios settings if the hard drive is set to be enabled as boot
device because your hard drive is not found as boot device.

Best regards,
Michel Denie

"Entropy5" <Entr...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Myke

Dec 27, 2007, 7:40:01 PM12/27/07
I had this same problem.

To solve it, follow these steps:
1) Start your computer and hit [F10] in order to get into the BIOS setup
2) Go to the "System Configuration" tab, then go to "Boot Options" and "Boot
Order"
3) You will see a list of devices such as
CD ROM Drive
Network Adapter
USB Floppy
Notebook Hard Drive
USB Diskette
USB Hard Drive
4) Use the [F5] or [F6] button to move "Notebook Hard Drive" all the way to
the top of the list. IT IS VERY IMPORTANT TO MAKE SURE "NOTEBOOK HARD DRIVE"
IS AT THE TOP, SO THAT THE COMPUTER WILL BOOT FROM THE NOTEBOOK HARD DRIVE
FIRST.
5) Save the settings and restart the computer.

It should be working fine after doing this =)

realcestmoi

Dec 29, 2007, 12:53:27 PM12/29/07
Hello Mike,

After 13 days and with the given advice I strongly believe the topicstarter
already fixed his or her problem;)

Best regards,
Michel Denie

"Myke" <My...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

jparies

Oct 9, 2009, 7:13:25 PM10/9/09

when i turn on my notebook the
nvidia boot agent 249.0542 comes on.
copyright (c) 2001-2005 nvidia corporation
copyright (c) 1997-2000 intel corporation
pxe-e61: media test failure, check cable
pxe-mof: exiting nvidia boot agent

What do i do? it just keeps on repeating this.

--
jparies
jparies's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/142719.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

Tae Song

Oct 10, 2009, 6:11:58 AM10/10/09

"jparies" <jparies...@DoNotSpam.com> wrote in message

Disable network boot ROM in the BIOS and/or remove network from list of
bootable devices.

It's trying to boot from a device on a network, because someone fiddled with
BIOS settings.

The only other possibility is the laptop can't boot from hard drive and/or
optical drive.

In which case you need to take it in for repair.

cruz...@gmail.com

Jan 17, 2017, 4:52:27 AM1/17/17
I turn my PC and all I get is. NVIDIA BOOT Agent224.0523 COpyright(C) 2001-2005 NVIDIA Corporation Copyright ( C)1997-2000 Intel Corporation PXE- E61; Media test failure, check cable PXE- MOF; Exiting NVIDIA Boot Agent. BOOTMGR is missing. Press Ctrl+ Salt+ Del to restart.