Download Error 8007002

Alchemist

Nov 28, 2007, 5:22:01 PM11/28/07
Go to the MS download page. Then click on download history. then on the net
1.1 update if it has the red balloon x then click on it, it may give you
steps to take for your vista to correct the problem

GolfnVA

Nov 28, 2007, 6:00:01 PM11/28/07
do you have a link for the download page?

Jeff

Nov 28, 2007, 6:31:01 PM11/28/07
I found this:

Windows Update error 80070002

If you receive Windows Update error 80070002 while checking for updates, you
need to remove the temporary update files that Windows uses to identify
updates for your computer. To remove the temporary files, stop the Windows
Update service, delete the temporary update files, restart the Windows Update
service, and then try to check for Windows updates again.

To stop the Windows Update service
You must be logged on as an administrator to perform these steps.

Click to open Administrative Tools.

Double-click Services. If you are prompted for an administrator password or
confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

Right-click the Windows Update service, and then click Stop.

To delete temporary update files
Click to open Computer.

Double-click the local hard disk where Windows is installed, typically drive
C.

Double-click the Windows folder, and then double-click the
SoftwareDistribution folder.

Double-click the DataStore folder to open it, and then delete all files and
folders in the folder. If you are prompted for an administrator password or
confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

Click the Back button. In the SoftwareDistribution folder, double-click the
Download folder to open it, and then delete all files in the folder. If you
are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password
or provide confirmation.

To restart the Windows Update service
You must be logged on as an administrator to perform these steps.

Click to open Administrative Tools.

Double-click Services. If you are prompted for an administrator password or
confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

Right-click the Windows Update service, and then click Start.

If the problem persists after you have followed the steps above, see this
Knowledge Base article on the Microsoft Help and Support website or go to the
Windows Update Support Center website to request support by e‑mail.

Note
Deleting temporary update files will help solve the problem, but it will
also delete the history in Windows Update. You can still see which updates
are installed on your computer by going to Installed Updates:

To see which updates are installed on the computer
Click to open Installed Updates.

Help and Support search term: WindowsUpdate_80070002

and am in the process of trying it.

Jeff

skidmarks

Nov 28, 2007, 7:24:01 PM11/28/07

I just got an error 80070002. I followed all the indicated steps and
requested an update search received the same update indication and then tried
to install and received the same error. What now coach?

The update being installed is:
Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1

Windows Vista (32-bit)

art

felix_the_cat

Nov 28, 2007, 7:39:02 PM11/28/07
skidmarks-

i am having the exact same problem. went through all the steps including the
article using cmd prompt. anybody out there w/ suggestions?

IDICWorld

Nov 28, 2007, 8:35:00 PM11/28/07
I , too, am having the same issue - however I have been unable to delete the
file and folder in the DataStore folder; it says the file is in use and thus
denies access. I made sure the WU service was stopped - even checked
Processes in Task manager to see if something obvious (to me) was running
that was connected - I can't find anything. I WAS able to delete what was in
the Downloads folder. Have now tried this whole process 3 times - help!
~Deborah

PA Bear

Nov 28, 2007, 8:39:05 PM11/28/07

Support for Windows Update:

Customers in the U.S. and Canada can receive technical support from
Microsoft Product Support Services at 1-866-PCSAFETY. There is no-charge for
support calls that are associated with security updates. When you call,
clearly state that your problem is related to a Security Update and cite the
update's KB number (e.g., KB931678).

In other countries, see
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?pr=securityhome > "No-Charge
Support...for virus and other security-related" issues in right-hand menu
for localized contact information.

For more information about how to contact Microsoft for support issues,
visit the International Support Web site:
https://support.microsoft.com/common/international.aspx
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net

Dave Horne

Nov 28, 2007, 8:55:49 PM11/28/07
Reboot into Safemode - F8 and you should be able to delete that folder.

"IDICWorld" <IDIC...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Doc

Nov 28, 2007, 9:05:00 PM11/28/07

Doc

Nov 28, 2007, 9:06:02 PM11/28/07
I can't fix the problem either, but I did solve your problem..I had left the
Windows update screen open on the desktop. Once I clicked that off I could
delete the two folders of stuff...but I can't update yet myself.

Bob123

Nov 28, 2007, 10:41:01 PM11/28/07
I have been having exactly the same experience as all the previuos posting,
and have tried the recc'd fixes 3 times. too.

I think maybe the download file is bad, and am going to wait a day and try
it again. The bummer is that the full record of my updates is now gone, and
it still did not solve the problem

fei

Nov 28, 2007, 10:53:01 PM11/28/07
Guys, i got exact same problem as u had. i'v done exact steps in article and
requested update and receievd same updata indication and install and received
the same error.

any commons??

Mel

Nov 28, 2007, 11:07:00 PM11/28/07
I'm also having the same problem, followed all instructions from
microsoft...stopped WU, deleted temp update files, restarted WU, also ran cmd
prompt but after entering what was indicated i got 'access denied'. Anyone
with any other
suggestions??

Gayle

Nov 28, 2007, 11:21:00 PM11/28/07
Those "Help" steps don't work. I tried it 3 times and it never worked.
--
Confused

cmedina

Nov 28, 2007, 11:39:01 PM11/28/07
I was getting the same error too. Went through all the help to no avail. I
manually downloaded the .net service pack 1.1 . then did windows update
worked for me no errors

fei

Nov 28, 2007, 11:50:01 PM11/28/07
this what i got when requested an update:

Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1

Installation date: ‎29/‎11/‎2007 2:58 PM

Installation status: Failed

Error details: Code 80070002

Update type: Important

fei

Nov 29, 2007, 12:00:01 AM11/29/07
I dont know whether im correct or not. I just manually install the .NET
Framework 1.1 service pack 1. Double click on 'NDP1.1sp1-KB867460-X86'
appilication locats 'C:\windows\softwareDistribution\Download\Install'.

fei

Nov 29, 2007, 12:06:00 AM11/29/07
I dont know whether im correct or not. I just manually install the .NET
Framework 1.1 service pack 1. Double click on 'NDP1.1sp1-KB867460-X86'
appilication locats 'C:\windows\softwareDistribution\Download\Install'.

brittybabe69

Nov 29, 2007, 1:16:00 AM11/29/07
Yep I tried this and had no problems installing it manually. Might be wise to
close the window update box before doing this.

Alchemist

Nov 29, 2007, 1:20:01 AM11/29/07

mutsie

Nov 29, 2007, 1:44:00 AM11/29/07

mutsie

Nov 29, 2007, 1:48:00 AM11/29/07
I had the same problem as well and also intall the .NET Framework 1.1 service
pack 1. manually after I've tried all the previous suggestions. My windows
update gives the message that it is "up-to-date" again but it also says that
the update failed....

lifebtb

Nov 29, 2007, 2:00:00 AM11/29/07
That worked perfectly for me. Thanks!

Alchemist

Nov 29, 2007, 2:31:02 AM11/29/07
Thank you fei I just tried it and it installed according to the installation
wizard. good luck to the rest of you

PA Bear

Nov 29, 2007, 2:49:47 AM11/29/07
What recommended fixes? Have you opened a free support incident?
--
~PA Bear

Jeff

Nov 29, 2007, 6:12:01 AM11/29/07
The method I mentioned didn't work for me either.

Opened a ticket at Microsoft and will wait to see what happens.

Jeff

magic

Nov 29, 2007, 6:31:02 AM11/29/07
This worked for me too....thanks, I had wasted quite a lot of time following
instructions to stop services and delete directories.
The manual install worked for my XP pro....Thanks again

Bill Dorion

Nov 29, 2007, 11:41:04 AM11/29/07
You are definitely onto a solution with the manual double click at the file
level. I tried the same work around and the update was successful. Note: Not
sure if this is related to the 80070002 error, but when installing this
update manually I received a message asking me to close the Quickbooks Agent.
Options to let the app close it automatically which I selected and the
process continued successfully. Maybe an issue between quickbooks agent,
install exe app, and update interface interpreting the errors.

Anyway, thanks to all, my machine is happy, happy again.

ScorpionsTail

Nov 29, 2007, 12:02:01 PM11/29/07
Jeff...This ABSOLUTELY worked for me on the VERY FIRST TRY!!! Unbelievable!
You don't know how many hours I put in trying to fix this. Thank you so very
much.

Brad

Nov 29, 2007, 12:10:01 PM11/29/07
Manual install worked for me as well. I ran Windows update again afterwards
and found a couple other updates (optionals) along with the framework update
again. Allowed Windows to attempt to go through it's normal update process
and it worked fine. Not sure if it actually attempted to install again or
saw it there and skipped it. But now my Windows update says I'm up to
date... woohoo!
--
Technical Analyst
USA

www.SaltCityHomes.com

Nov 29, 2007, 12:15:02 PM11/29/07
y not just undelete? thats what i did. worked fine.

Aweriz

Nov 29, 2007, 2:25:06 PM11/29/07
I try the way Fei wrote earlier and it seem to work. Thanks to you

I have Xp Home edition SP2 and i have the same 8007002 error. I load
version of Microsoft.net Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1 and install it. It was
NPD1.1sp1-KB867460-X86.exe. It installed fine. Then i update the
new Service pack from the windows update. New File loaded fine and make the
update and the download error disappear. Now it seem to be updated.

doc4nuts

Nov 29, 2007, 4:54:07 PM11/29/07
Thanks very much for this email link. I can't take it anymore!

"PA Bear" wrote:

> > Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1
> >
> > Windows Vista (32-bit)
> >
> > art

minhajulhoq

Nov 29, 2007, 6:16:42 PM11/29/07
Use the following instructions. The other methods will lead to an infinite amount of headaches.

Well, first of all let me just say that I am not a computer professional. However, I have had the same problem with my 32-Bit Windows Vista Home Premium (making Microsoft's statement null and void) and I have solved it! Here are the step by step instructions:

1) Go to the Start Menu.
2) Click on Computer.
3) Open up the drive where windows is installed (usually your C drive).
4) Open the Windows Folder.
5) Scroll down a bit and locate the SoftwareDistribution folder (exactly like that).
6) Open the Download folder.
7) Open the Install folder.
8) There sould only be one file there. Right click on it and select "Run as Administrator".
9) After entering an Administrator password, run the installation, using the default values and clicking yes at the license.
10) After the installation is complete (shouldn't take more than a few minutes), restart your computer (as an added precaution, though not necessary).
11) After the computer restarts again, run Windows Update again. It should run as normal. All fixed!
I apologize for Microsoft's ineptitude.

http://www.eggheadcafe.com

Jeff

Nov 29, 2007, 6:55:00 PM11/29/07
Tried my own suggestions - and it didn't work.

Opened a ticket at Microsoft and await their reply.

Jeff

felix_the_cat

Nov 29, 2007, 8:01:01 PM11/29/07
Hey folks,

What I ended up doing to get around the Windows Update thing was copied the
update name, pasted into Google search, found the update, and then manually
installed the damn thing. It worked w/ no problems. Don't know if that helps.

Felix

MyKey53

Nov 29, 2007, 9:03:01 PM11/29/07
I had to follow Microsoft's cleaning of the Automatic Update file. Then turn
off Norton and Norton's Script Blocker. THEN fei's method below worked
without a hitch. Thank you.

Jeff

Dec 1, 2007, 11:51:02 AM12/1/07
Here is the fix from MS themselves:

The issue can be caused by a damaged .NET Framework component. At this time,
let's refer to the following steps to troubleshoot it:

Step 1: Remove .NET Framework 1.1 using Microsoft Windows Installer CleanUp
Utility

1. Visit:
http://download.microsoft.com/download/E/9/D/E9D80355-7AB4-45B8-80E8-983A48D5E1BD/msicuu2.exe
2. Please save the file on your Desktop
3. Please double click the msicuu2.exe file to install it on your computer.
4. Click Start -> All Programs->Windows Installer Clean Up.
5. Please locate and remove Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1.

Then, please move on to step 2 to reinstall .NET Framework 1.1 and its
updates.

Step 2: Install .NET Framework 1.1 Redistributable Package and its updates
Please download and install the following updates in order.

Microsoft .NET Framework Version 1.1 Redistributable Package
http://download.microsoft.com/download/a/a/c/aac39226-8825-44ce-90e3-bf8203e74006/dotnetfx.exe

Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1

http://download.microsoft.com/download/8/b/4/8b4addd8-e957-4dea-bdb8-c4e00af5b94b/NDP1.1sp1-KB867460-X86.exe

.NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1 SYSTEM.WEB.DLL and MSCOREE.DLL Security
Update for Windows Vista(KB929729)
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=7EEA368D-7B82-4583-8537-30351718A4E9&displaylang=en

Note: When the "File Download" window appears, please click Save, and follow
the directions to save the file on the Desktop. After downloading all the
setup files, please double-click on each one to install them. If you are

Mack

Dec 7, 2009, 1:27:02 PM12/7/09
How did you get on with MS?

alex.p...@gmail.com